Position Title : Cash Program Enumerator
Position Type : Service Contract (Daily)
Location : Mercy Corps Gaza Office
Duration : Seven Months
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In
disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into
action—helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for
the future. In Palestine, Mercy Corps has been working hand-in-hand with local communities and partners
since 1980s and has staff in three offices based in East Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza. Mercy Corps work
aims to increase the capacity of Palestinian’s civil society to promote inclusive social and economic
development, long-term recovery, and respond to humanitarian need.
Program / Department Summary
Globally Mercy Corps is a recognized leader in cash transfer programming leading numerous efforts
designed to harmonize and improve practices across the sector. Since 2006 within Palestine, Mercy Corps’
has worked to provide over 32,000 vulnerable households with access to critically needed cash through
cash for work and livelihoods rehabilitation programming with funds from range of donors including
ECHO, USAID, Qatar Charity, and OCHA.
Mercy Corps has made a commitment to increase its use of Cash Transfer Programming (CTP) in
humanitarian responses. In Gaza Mercy Corps is starting a new program in Gaza designed to establish a
stronger case for multi-purpose cash assistance (MPCA) by testing different cash transfer modalities and
completing an ambitious research, learning, and influence agenda.
General Position Summary
The Enumerator will work under the Cash Program Coordinators and closely with Monitoring, Evaluation,
and Learning (MEL) team. The enumerators will be responsible for collecting the data needed for program
and monitoring and evaluation activities including conducting beneficiaries’ verification home visits and
phone calls to ensure beneficiaries identification is aligned to the project selection criteria, enumerators will
collect and contribute to data management of cash based interventions’ post distribution monitoring,
satisfaction surveys, coping strategy index, base-line, end-line surveys, and other M&E tools assigned to
them during the project implementation period.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be fully responsible for data collection, data verification, data entry and data cleaning for the field
activities in the spirit of providing the best possible value for Mercy Corps, program beneficiaries,
the community at large.
- Conduct home verification visits to potential beneficiaries to verify vulnerability and eligibility
conditions and provided information in order to confirm potential beneficiaries’ identification is
aligned with the selection criteria.
- Conduct regular field visits and phone calls to the program beneficiaries to collect data for post
distribution monitoring, baseline, and end-line using paper and mobile data collection tools as
- Conduct regular field visits to MC contracted vendors to collect data for post distribution monitoring.
- Identify and complete referral forms to improve beneficiaries’ access to other services, according to
MC established referral mechanisms.
- Provide periodic (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) and ad hoc high-quality reports on the assigned
- Contribute to the identification of program success stories from the field.
- Contribute to raising beneficiaries awareness on MC Community, Accountability and Reporting
- Ensure timely and effective coordination with local partners including partner NGOs, and any other
field relevant actors and bodies for the collection and management of data.
- Ensure active engagement, timely communication, and proper coordination and liaison with all
Mercy Corps support departments including Finance & Compliance, Monitoring, Evaluation and
Learning, Procurement, and Human Resources & Admin.
- Adhere to all Mercy Corps policies including Code of Conduct Policy and Safeguarding Policy.
- Ensure that all data collection activities in the field are implemented with a clear analysis and
understanding of security management priorities.
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to
our partners and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while
actively engaging partner communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of
our field projects.
Authority and Accountability
The enumerators do not have supervisory responsibilities.
Reports Directly To: The Cash Program Coordinators at the baseline phase and the MEL Coordinator
at the implementation phase.
Works Directly With: Cash Program Manager, Cash Programming Advisor, MEL Department,
Finance and Compliance Department, Operations Department, Procurement Department, local
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Diploma degree, or equivalent, in management, social work, statistics, social science, or other
- +1 years of direct field experience in research, data collection and entry, cleaning and analysis and
data management in general.
- Previous experience in field work activities.
- Previous experience in mobile data collection tools.
- Excellent familiarity with and understanding of Gaza humanitarian context.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with the community, partner local
organization, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in data entry, collection and cleaning.
- Excellent Computer skills.
- Priority will be given to applicants reside in North Gaza, and Gaza governorate.
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE no later than
Thursday, 10 October 2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply separate application for each position you are interested in.