MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
SUPPORTING AN EDUCATION REFORM AGENDA FOR IMPROVED TEACHING, ASSESSMENT AND CAREER PATHWAYS (SERATAC)
CONSULTANTS SERVICES- 09/2022
Review and Stocktaking of the School Career Counseling in West Bank & Gaza
The Ministry of Education has received a grant from the World Bank to implement the “Supporting an Education Reform Agenda for Improved Teaching, Assessment and Career Pathways (SERATAC)” program.
The Ministry of Education (MOE) is seeking to recruit a consultant to review and take stock of existing career counseling activities/initiatives/programs in public schools in West Bank & Gaza, to inform MOE on how best to develop an effective career guidance system for all students.
An invitation is hereby issued to local individual consultants with the required qualifications and experience to apply for this consultancy position.
Objective of the Consultancy
The objective of the consultancy is to review the existing career guidance and counseling activities/initiatives/programs in public schools in West Bank & Gaza to inform MOE on how best to develop an effective career guidance system for all students.
Main Task and Responsibilities:
The consultant is expected to:
- Review existing documents and records at the MOE and developed by other development partners, targeting the area of career counseling:
- Conduct field visits to schools.
- Conduct interviews and focus group discussions.
- Summarizing findings in a Technical Report
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
For Full Details of Scope of work; please go to http://www.palpcu.ps/en/category/37/1/Latest-News
Minimum Required Qualifications
- At least a master’s degree in education, social sciences or any other related field.
- A minimum of 7 years work in research carrying out qualitative research (including interviews, focus groups and field visits). School counseling and education career counseling areas is a plus.
- Proven experience in conducting similar assignments.
- Ability to gather, organize, analyze and report field data and other desk review data.
- Fluency in English is a must for communicating and reporting.
- Good presentation skills, report writing skills, planning and analysis skills in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills, including effective use of Word, Power Point and Excel, as well as digital filing (for example, Google Drive or Dropbox)
The consultant is expected to work from November 1st , 2022 to January 31st, 2023, 2022. The consultant maybe be required to travel to education District Offices, and to upper basic and secondary public schools in different geographic areas in West Bank.
Applications including (Cover letter, applicant CV describing similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) must be delivered to [email protected] , indicating the name of the consultancy in the subject of the email no later than November 10th, 2022.
For full TORs and detailed methodology, please go to link: http://www.palpcu.ps/en/category/37/1/Latest-News