2. GRIT Project Summary:
Gender-Responsive and Inclusive Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in the West Bank (“GRIT”) is a five-year project (2019-2024) funded by the Canadian Government and implemented by the Lutheran World Federation Jerusalem Program (LWF Jerusalem) in partnership with Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR).
The ultimate objective of the GRIT project is to achieve improved and equitable learning and employment outcomes for women and girls, including women with disabilities (WWD), in the West Bank. This objective will be achieved by improving access for women to training opportunities, strengthening the functional and technical skills of trainees, and bolstering the the gender-responsiveness and inclusiveness of the broader Palestinian TVET system.
The Project will be implemented through LWF’s Vocational Training Program in the Beit Hanina (LWF-VTC) and in Ramallah (LWF-VTCR) and through a number of local TVET institutes throughout the West Bank in order to provide wide geographic coverage. The Project will directly benefit a total of 17,250 women and girls.
3. Overall Purpose/Broad Function:
The GRIT Career Guidance and Work Based Learning Coordinator is responsible for providing career guidance and related trainings that will target students in schools, communities, institute staff, and guidance counsellors. Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for establishing and maintaining direct channels and partnerships with the private sector to encourage their active participation in the GRIT project.
4. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Career Guidance Responsibilities
- Provide career guidance to students in schools, at events such as open houses, and in the targeted communities
- Provide career guidance and job readiness training to female trainees and graduates, including those with disabilities
- Train community-based guidance counsellors to provide quality information and guidance about TVET to women and women with disabilities
- Train TVET institute staff and guidance counsellors to deliver training on entrepreneurship, life skills, and human rights
- Be part of facilitation vocational camps for women and women with disabilities
- Produce traditional and social media content to promote success stories and raise awareness about the opportunities and benefits available through TVET, with a focus on reaching women and WWD in targeted communities
- Facilitate the mentoring approach which aims to connect female trainees and graduates to more experienced female mentors from the same vocation
Work Based Learning Responsibilities
- Facilitate apprenticeships and internships for trainees (in coordination with partner institutes) including providing ongoing support to employers and trainees and participating in performance assessment
- Participate in the creation of new market-relevant vocations
- Support the establishment and functioning of employer committees to ensure sustained and informed input by the private sector in the Project
- Support employers to improve their workplaces to be more gender responsive and inclusive of women with disabilities.
- Participate in the selection of graduates and trainees to receive project supports as required
- Support and contribute to data collection processes and the preparation of reporting
- Conduct regular field visits to the project locations for follow up on activities
5. Supervisory Responsibilities:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
6. Education/Professional Designations/Experience:
- University Degree (B.A.) in Business Administration, Development, Social Work, Public Administration, or relevant field.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in the same field
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining collaborative relationships with private sector
- Demonstrated experience in career counselling including experience developing and delivering trainings related to career guidance, human rights, entrepreneurship or related topics is an advantage
- At least two years of experience with donor-funded projects
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including previous experience delivering trainings to large audiences
- Ability to think clearly, deeply and broadly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluency in English and in Arabic
- Excellent computer skills: Word and Excel
- Familiarity or former experience in working with similar or Canadian funded projects
7. Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Positive attitude and approach to help colleagues
- A pedagogic approach and willingness to learn and adopt new things
- Attention to detail and a curious attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and under pressure, ability to take initiatives
8. Success Factors:
Ability to interact effectively with colleagues, and ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful information. Capable of multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and process information in support of changing requirements. An impeccable professional standard of ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application.