Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Jerusalem office a
For a period of initial 12 months, with possibility of renewal.
The Capital Logistician is overall responsible for all logistics activities in the Capital (procurement, fleet, storage, equipment’s, premises) and actively contributes to the IT Management, Security Management (analysis and operational implementation) and provide support to bases when it’s required.
In the current context, the Capital Logistician will:
- Implement the Logistics policies of the mission to ensure good logistical performance and provide the best possible support to the programs.
- Provide leadership in the area of activity and support logistics teams in other bases (field visits, trainings).
- Capital office procurements strictly following donors’ and organisations guidelines.
- Contribute to the Capital office IT network and connectivity management.
- Update the entire equipment list, supervise and monitor the fleet management, movements, office and guesthouses management.
- Contribute to Security Management (movements, collect and analyse information, participate to Security Plan update, member of the Incident Management Team).
- Prepare Capital logistic monthly report and consolidate Bases monthly logistics reports.
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s capacities.
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree with professional experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement and IT work.
- 2 years minimum experience working on projects at humanitarian aid organizations and/or international donors or private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in Procurement management, fleet management, Supply Chain management, Inventory control, intermediate IT knowledge.
- Knowledge of donor’s guidelines and procedures related to Logistics (ECHO, OCHA, UNICEF, AECID).
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian work.
- English and Arabic (compulsory written and verbal); Hebrew will be an asset.
- Proven experience in excel, MS Word and corporative email application and network management and connectivity.
- Mobility between bases if required.
- Jerusalem ID holder.
- Valid Driving License.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including Thursday the 12th of December 2019.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.