The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority (PA), has received financing from the World Bank-International Development Association (IDA), the French Development Agency (AFD), and the European Union (EU) towards the benefit of [Hebron Regional Wastewater Management Project - Phase I]. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this grant will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for “Technical Assistance for Hebron Wastewater Management Project (TA)”.
The objective of the Technical Assistant consultancy service for the project is to develop the water and wastewater sector in Hebron City and enable the Municipality to provide sustainable services to the inhabitants in line with local and national policy agendas. Specifically, the TA will support Hebron Municipality in establishing a viable corporatized water and wastewater urban utility in Hebron; qualify Hebron Municipality and the new Utility to operate and maintain water and wastewater facilities including the Wastewater Treatment Plant, and provide quick gains that show tangible services improvement and prepare grounds for further future TA needs. The TA is expected to be as operational as possible to improve the service provision by the Hebron Water & Wastewater Management Department (HWWMD).
Main Objectives of the Position
The objective of the Capacity Building Specialist is to supervise the design/development and implementation of capacity building plans of the water and wastewater sector in Hebron City. Specifically, (i) S/he will act as a focal point inside Hebron Municipality responsible for technical assistance matters, and represent the municipality in front of relevant stakeholders, in full coordination with PWA, and (ii) S/he will be supervising the Technical Assistance for Hebron Wastewater Management Project and monitor the progress of capacity-building efforts.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Engineering (or Equivalent degree) from an accredited university. Master Degree is preferable.
- Significant work experience of a minimum of 5 years related to capacity-building activities with concrete involvement in the design/ delivery of capacity-building activities, preferably targeted to water/ wastewater services.
- Relevant work experience in/ with local authorities with good knowledge and understanding of multi-level governance dynamics related to the local government and water sectors.
- Basic understanding of financial management and cost accounting systems at the municipal level.
- Oral and Written English language proficiency.
- Good command of Office package. Proficiency in developing and updating project paperwork and progress reports on a regular basis.
- A driving license is an advantage.
Time Frame and Type of Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year on a full-time basis, extendable and based on the available funding and satisfactory performance.
In order to evaluate the most suitable candidate on the same evaluation basis, the selection will be based on the following criteria that should be demonstrated in the CV:
a) General qualifications (studies).
b) Adequacy for the Assignment.
c) Relevant experience.
The application should include a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter showing the suitability for the position (in English). The application should be submitted to the attention of PWA: (Email: [email protected] and copy to [email protected]
No later than: 31 / 12 / 2019
The TOR is available on the PWA website: WWW.PWA.PS under advertisements.