Enabel is currently developing a new cooperation program for Palestine. This program will on the one hand build on the successes of governmental cooperation over the past decade and on the other hand will also provide a response to the Palestinian and global challenges of this decade.
Belgian development cooperation has supported the Palestinian territories since 1993 - initially through delegated cooperation. Direct governmental cooperation was started in 1997 for an amount of 15 million euros and the fourth and provisionally last agreement (2011) evolved to 71.6 million euros (2012-2015). This program was extended in December 2020 with an additional budget of 10 million euros.
The duration of the portfolio is 5 years (2022-2026). Implementation have started early in 2022. An indicative budget of 70 million euros is proposed for the 2022-26 program, which will partly continue to build on the current projects.
The new portfolio, which has the motto “Empowered youth in an environmentally sustainable Palestine”, will focus on 2 pillars: young people and their broad development and, on the other hand, the environment - in its broad sense. By doing so, the program wants to make maximum use of the future prospects of young people, in terms of broad training, education and employment - with a strong gender dimension and a focus on the most vulnerable. In addition to this, the new program wants to go for sustainability, environmentally friendly solutions, climate adaptation and mitigation.
As part of the elaboration of the new program, we are looking for a capacity building officer who will be responsible for supporting the implementation of “Green Gaza intervention ” as part of the “Environment” pillar, aiming at improving the conditions of the Palestinian ecosystem & their population by reducing the ecological footprint & greenhouse gas emission. More specifically, the officer will work closely with the team to achieving the project three results:
- Result 1: Green circular economy and entrepreneurship are supported in the selected value chains based on a market system approach.
- Result 2: Green cities in Palestine are promoted through resilient urban planning, green inclusive service and green building, considering, the needs of women & youth
- Result 3: Green cities and entrepreneurship as well as green and decent jobs for women & youth are promoted
Main duties of the capacity building officer:
With guidance and support of Intervention Manager and coordinating closely with the program Thematic Experts, the Capacity Building officer will undertake the following responsibilities:
• Under Result 1; organize and support the implementation of trainings and other related capacity building activities for the private sector under the Green Circular Economy hub.
• Under Result 2; organize the development of capacity building plans for municipalities in green cities.
• Under Result 3; work with partners and program thematic experts to identify and support activities related to enhance the enabling environment to facilitate the emergence of green cities and green jobs for women & youth.
• Support contracting of consultants, review and approve consultants’ reports, training manuals, participant’s handbook and other material developed by consultants and get necessary approvals.
• Assure the design and implementation of meaningful participation and co-creation of public spaces and green transition initiatives.
• Develop environmental awareness plans in coordination with community-based organizations.
• Engage and coordinate with the academic institutions training and capacity development activities.
• Quality assurance and reporting on the Capacity Building activities
• Any other related task assigned by the intervention manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications and experience
• Masters’ degree in public administration, social science, business, environment or related field in line with the position responsibilities
• Minimum 2 years of experience in similar position preferably with an (I)NGO
• Proven experience in designing, implementing, supervising, and evaluating Capacity Building programs
Required skills and knowledge
• Proven knowledge in environment, climate change, green circular economy, and other relevant areas
• Proven knowledge in designing and implementing community awareness plans.
• Demonstrated training, mentoring and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrate strong analytical, design and writing skills.
• Proven knowledge in managing contracts with external partners
• You are familiar with results-based management, and theory of change.
• You master knowledge management and knowledge building.
• You have a strong affinity with and easily use various digital tools and new technologies.
• Your specific skills in leading meetings, workshops and groups are an asset.
• You are fluent in spoken and written Arabic, and excellent in English.
• You are also required to commit to the vision, mission, and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
• An exciting job in an international environment.
• A contract for a term of 48 months based in Gaza.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 5), and benefits. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognised experience for the function.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 22 February 2023.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.