Position: Capacity Building and Research Program Coordinator
Duty Station: Ramallah (With frequent field visits in all the West Bank)
Project Title: “PEACE STEPS: experience of social and solidarity economy for a sustainable growth in Palestine” – Development initiative funded by the Italian Agency of Cooperation and Development under the call OSC 2017
Organization: Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection for Workers
Duration of the Contract: 1 year
This position is an assignment to support the implementation of the project “PEACE STEPS: experiences of social and solidarity economy for a sustainable growth in Palestine” – Development initiative funded by the Italian Agency of Cooperation and Development under the call OSC 2017
Duties and Responsibilities
Working closely with all the actors involved in the project, the Capacity Building and Research Program Coordinator will have the following key duties and responsibilities.
- To coordinate the activities of sub granting and training in management targeting the beneficiary CBOs;
- To coordinate the activities of realizing a research of the models of social and solidarity enterprises guaranteeing the involvement of and the coordination with the local communities, the local partners and the stakeholders of the project;
- To plan the activities of the project (training, workshops and focus groups) and to prepare the necessary tools (interviews, questionnaires, etc.) referring to the expatriate project manager;
- To follow up with the progress of the field activities in close cooperation with the local partners referring to the expatriate project manager;
- To monitor and evaluate the activities of the project under the responsibility of the capacity building and research program coordinator in close coordination with the expatriate project manager;
- To realize the documentation material of the activities implemented under the responsibility of the capacity building and research program coordinator, in accordance with the procedures of the donor (minutes, reports, pictures, video)
- To keep a high level of sharing of information and coordination with the expatriate project manager, organizing weekly meetings of coordination, monitoring and evaluation.
- To complete any job tasks requested by the direct manager and executive director of the Palestinian Fund
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA in cooperation and Development, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or other related academic sectors
- Training background in social field
- Previous experience of at least 3 years in the sector of International Cooperation
- Previous experience of at least 1 year in the position of Capacity Building Coordinator in the context of International Cooperation projects
- Good knowledge of the local context, with specific reference to the situation of the Bedouin communities
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of the English language (oral and written)
- Arab mother tongue
- Good team working skills
- Ability in multitasking and working under stressful conditions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Goof capacity in following procedures and in being on time
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Driving License
The present document is integral part of the contract that will be signed between the parties.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter no later than March 7th, 2020 to the following email: [email protected]
Please indicate the position title in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.