The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a women’s mass, developmental, learning and human rights non-governmental organisation that contributes to the feminist struggle within WPS agenda. PWWSD aims for gender equality and the eradication of all forms of discrimination against women. For more about PWWSD, please visit www.pwwsd.org.
PWWSD seeks to hire a full-time Campaigning Coordinator in its Ramallah main office. Main responsibilities include:
- Contribute to research on events and issues on local, national and global levels
- Contribute to managing regional, national and local online and offline campaigns
- Contribute to writing position papers and statements.
- Perform individual and collective interviews
- Document events and develop relevant news reports
- Assist in the implementation of the communications and advocacy plans
- Promote community based involvement through organizing public events and participating in community initiatives.
- Ensure liaising with media outlets, coordinate press conferences, and produce media invitations and press releases.
- Use social media and traditional media tools to increase the visibility of PWWSD and communicate its programs, achievements and mission to the public.
- Contribute to maintaining PWWSD’s social media platforms and website, design media campaigns and analyse media coverage.
- Contribute to translating/ proofreading/ editing Arabic and English publications in addition to outgoing material of PWWSD.
- Follow up and supervise the production and dissemination of publicity material, publications and promotional/documentation videos.
- Work with relevant departments to develop and disseminate newsletter.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BA degree in public relations, media, journalism, communications, or relevant field. Master’s degree is preferable.
- At least 3 years working in an NGO environment and preferably in the human/ women’s rights field
- Experience in campaigning, research and advocacy for local or national issues
- Proven track record of successful management of national PR and media campaigns.
- High proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English languages
- A strong public speaker and advocate with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office and social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge in audio-visual documentation, footage editing, and graphic design.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the social, political and legal situation regarding women’s rights in Palestine.
- Ability and flexibility to work within a team, and under high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Analytical problem solving and innovative strategic approach on advocacy
Interested candidates are requested to submit their Resume along with a Cover Letter in English explaining why they are the best fit for the job no later than 29.10.2018 to the following emails: [email protected] AND [email protected]
Applications that do not meet the criteria will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.