The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Mission in Jerusalem, is seeking qualified and motivated candidate to fill in the following position:
Place of Employment : Jerusalem
Contract duration : Open-ended (including 3 months’ probationary period)
Grade Level : B2
Occupation rate : 100%
Starting Date : as soon as possible
- Carries out tenders, pre-awarding suppliers, negotiating prices and conditions, drafting contracts and frame agreements related to the category of products to be assigned;
- Prepares purchase orders /Receives and deliver goods and checks that they correspond to quantities and quality ordered; (physical work is required);
- Evaluates the standards of the contracted products and services, guaranteeing a real traceability of the quality of the purchase;
- Sources, asses, develops and monitors new and current suppliers in the assigned purchasing categories;
- Leads the SRM (Supply Relationship Management) and maintains good business relationship with the suppliers at all times;
- Updates and maintains the Supplier Database.
- Prepares and follows up with the finance department regarding invoices and payments.
- Properly upload all required purchase orders files on Profile (Paper less project) for internal-external audit purposes.
- Carries out spot (field) petty cash purchases.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University Degree in related subject (i.e. Administration, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance);
- Confirmed experience skills in Procurement;
- Certifications in purchasing, procurement or supply chain management is a strong asset;
- Good knowledge of the local markets (Jerusalem, Israel and West Bank);
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Good knowledge of, and, experience with, financial rules, procurement procedures and supplier management;
- Ability to work independently and proactively and willingness to learn;
- Good command of spoken and written English, Arabic and Hebrew;
- Computer proficiency and good command in Word, Excel and PowerPoint software and ERP software;
- Able to travel between Jerusalem, West Bank and Israel.
- Israeli Driving License
- Clean unlawful record
Interested applicants must submit a résumé, a motivation letter and copy of academic degree obtained & work certificates, in English, no later than 11th of July 2019 to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: JER Buyer_Application_ Your name
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted