Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non-governmental organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in Women and Childhood, Food Security, Economic Empowerment, Community Development and emergency response & early recovery. Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community. For further information about Bayader, please visit: www.bayader.ps.
Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Business Development Specialist (BDS)– Full Time (40 Hrs. per week)
Number of available Positions: 3
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Direct Report: Project Manager (PM)
Expected Start Date: December 2023
Expected Duration: 29 Months
Salary: Euro 950 (including end of benefits)
SAWA II project background
Bayader received funding from Enabel for the implementation of project activities related to the livelihood component in the middle, Khan Younis and Rafah governorates. In collaboration with the European Union Delegation EUDEL and Belgium, the Belgian development agency Enabel is leading the implementation of the intervention "Enhance the Resilience of Micro-Businesses and Create Sustainable Livelihood Opportunities in the Gaza strip" SAWA II. In partnership with Enabel, Bayader is responsible to achieve the following results: Enhancing economic resilience for three right target groups in the Gaza Strip, Vulnerable youth and women established sustainable MSEs, owners of affected MSEs reviving their businesses and owners of existing MSEs scaled up their businesses that are viable, sustainable and innovative in their economies and generate sufficient income to meet their livelihood needs and improve their individual resilience. SAWA II will support the creation of viable and economically feasible livelihood micro businesses through providing capacity building, skills enhancement, seed funding, coaching, and mentoring to vulnerable and marginalized women and youth following the community-based and sustainable livelihood approach.
Under the supervision of the project Manager at Bayader, the Business Development specialist (BDS) will be fully responsible for providing business development services including (and not limited to vulnerability mapping, promising sectors prioritization, sensitization sessions, training, coaching/mentoring, curriculum development, and business plans selection) and will support the implementation of livelihoods activities and under the designated result.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Represent the project to the local community and stakeholders.
- Plan and implement community mobilization, outreach, and sensitization activities
- Conduct field visits to project applicants and beneficiaries.
- Conduct verification activities for project applicants to identify potential project beneficiaries.
- Select training participants.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise capacity-building activities.
- Develop pieces of training curriculum including materials, guides, tools, and templates that will be used in the capacity-building program for project beneficiaries.
- Provide life skill and micro-business management training for project beneficiaries.
- Train and support project beneficiaries to develop economically viable and technically sound business plans
- Evaluate submitted business plans and select seed funds recipients.
- Conduct field verification activities for seed funds recipients or supported micro-businesses to ensure receiving grants installment, efficient use of seed funds, and collect supportive documents.
- Provide coaching support, conduct on-site mentorship sessions, and develop mentorship reports.
- Facilitate marketing, linkages, and networking activities for project beneficiaries.
- Support PM in developing selection criteria and a scoring system to select project beneficiaries.
- Support the implementation of MEAL activities.
- Responsibilities of the BDS may include other tasks and duties as necessary throughout the life of the project.
Documentation, Learning and Reporting
- Ensure submit timely, complete and accurate reports.
- Document best practices, lessons learned and success stories.
- Support prepares narrative reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree with at least good grade in business administration, Engineering, Social Science or a relevant field. (Or equivalent combination of formal training and experience e.g. in marketing, economics, management, business development etc.) .
- Three years of directly related experience in the fields of marketing, business planning, pricing analysis, consultation, business coaching/mentorship, micro/small business (MSEs) experience, economic empowerment, livelihood, entrepreneurship projects.
- Extensive experience in capacity building and implementing micro-business management trainings/workshops targeting vulnerable youth and women in vulnerable communities.
- Proven track record of delivering coaching and mentoring services to vulnerable youth and women.
- Good knowledge of potential market linkages; (exploring marketing channels, facilitating linkages between produces and market chains).
- Considerable knowledge of sound business procedures including business planning and marketing.
- Understanding of financing options for business start-ups and business expansions.
- Practicing the empowerment of MSEs to improve their livelihood.
- Showcase and demonstrate his/ her knowledge and experience relating to gender mainstreaming.
- Sound experience in skills development/community development or related fields.
- Strong knowledge in the social/ cultural and economic context of Gaza.
- Proven track record working collaboratively with communities, local NGO partners, MSEs and government officials.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills including experience of facilitation of trainings/workshops and presentation.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in using office package as (MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong team play and collaboration skills.
- Effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Monitoring & Evaluation in the business sphere and gender experience are two added pluses.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Saturday 07.10.2023 no later than 16:00 PM.
- Bayader is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, or disability status.
- Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek Bayader for Environment & Development support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
- At Bayader, we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of all people including children/ vulnerable adults our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.