ABOUT THE IPSD PROJECT:
The Innovative Private Sector Development Project (IPSD) is the Ministry of National Economy (MoNE) project funded by the World Bank (WB) and implemented by DAI as a Project Implementing Agency (PIA). IPSD is a US$13 million project with the objective of improving economic opportunities for individuals and firms in the West Bank and Gaza. It also falls under the World Bank’s overarching objective to alleviate market failures related to gaps and binding constraints in the entrepreneurship ecosystem of the digital economy including in human capital, financing, product markets, enabling policies, institutional support, and connectivity.
The IPSD has the overarching objective of creating conditions that incentivize the private sector and simultaneously mitigate the risks faced while investing in a fragile and uncertain environment. It will support reforms to create an environment where private sector investment and jobs can grow. The project’s components are aligned to major Bank and Government objectives of: i) increasing ties to regional markets; ii)building an early stage financing ecosystem with a focus on angel investing; iii) building skills for the private sector’s labor market needs; and iv) business environment reform. The project addresses the Palestinian National Policy Agenda (2017-2022) and its focus on improving Palestinian human capital. IPSD will also support the mobilization of private sector finance by addressing key constraints on the sector caused to a large extent by the fragmentation of and the restrictions upon the Palestinian territories. Through top-down support on policy and framework-building combined with bottom-up support on skill development and pilot initiatives, binding constraints will be addressed to attract private capital and foster sustainable private sector growth.
GGateway is a for profit, private IT outsourcing company and social enterprise with the mission to develop Gaza’s human capital potential. It is a women-led organization that maintains a high-level of female beneficiaries. GGateway is central to the Gazan software development ecosystem – training university graduates and providing skilled workers to technology companies.
GGateway is currently scaling up to a sustainable regional hub for outsourcing and technology-enabled services and wants to identify and maintain its service value proposition, the regional and international demand for products and services and to acquire the skills required to match this demand.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
As part of its support to the GGateway, DAI is looking to hire a highly qualified Business Development (BD) Specialist to play a key role in GGateway business expansion. The anticipated key objectives of this role are as follows:
- Expand GGateway’s sales in local, regional and international markets through cultivating new clients and buyers of IT-enabled services.
- Work with GGateway management to develop an overall value proposition and services profile, which can be pitched to local and international clients.
- Identify the demand in the regional market by continually assessing and investigating the IT outsourcing market potentials of international companies operating in the MENA region and/or buying Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO)/ Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) services across the MENA region.
- Support the enhancement of GGateway’s marketing and sales capacity through outlining a sales strategy, approach to market, and marketing plan.
- Fulfil the role of subject matter expert in IT and non-IT Outsourcing, utilize international best practices and contribute in the development of the GGateway sustainable business model.
- Promote GGateway as an IT Outsourcing ecosystem concentrator in Gaza for youth coding education and for outsourcing services.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST FUNCTIONS:
The BD Specialist will carry out the following functions:
- Align business development priorities with the findings of a market assessment being conducted by a consulting firm hired by GGateway.
- Conduct primary and secondary market research and analysis, leading to determination of relevant trends and client opportunities
- Develop, maintain and execute practical strategies to approach leads and potential clients in the target markets, leading to expansion of service volume, revenue/profitability, and clients
- Analyze competition and consumer behavior to advise product development team on service differentiation and targeting
- Create and maintain a shareable database to organize market intel, client information and contacts, and follow up against specific leads
- Identify new clients by researching and creating networking opportunities and advise the GGateway management on ways to approach those clients.
- Enhance GGateway’s marketing and sales/delivery strategies based upon market feedback, and regional best practices
- Develop negotiation and pricing strategies by evaluating potential costs, benefits & risks
- Evaluate revenue streams and identify opportunities to increase profitability.
- Represent GGateway in negotiations and closing of business deals
- Assess and advise on potential joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions
- Support development of new business proposals which can increase GGateway sales and/or create beneficial new partnerships
- Identify and assess opportunities for mergers and acquisitions which may potentially enhance GGateway market share
- Determine quarterly metrics for business growth, set targets and deliver against these.
- Report monthly performance to both GGateway and the IPSD project
- Maintain daily communication with the GGateway management and relevant staff.
- Prepare reports on market and business development activities for use by GGateway and its key stakeholders
The BD Specialist will be the focal point of contact with the IPSD project on programs and mainly market identification, market research and business development. Therefore, the expert will work closely with IPSD team to develop needed ToRs, review deliverables, prepare progress reports and manage relationships to ensure proper coordination, implementation and compliance with IPSD requirements.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Postgraduate Degree in Business Development, Marketing, IT, Computer Science, or similar.
- At least 10 years of previous experience working in business development in Palestine and/or the MENA. Experience of representing international brands and dealing with multinational clients will be preferred. The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of business development in a technology services and sales context.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) and Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) service requirements of companies (buyers) operating in MENA will be strongly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of business development, development of marketing strategies, and brand expansion, particularly in the context of sales of business services.
- Ability to maintain strong client relationships, engagement with senior-level executives, and establish industry partnerships.
- Strong ability to analyze market trends and competitor behavior.
- Exceptional ability in identifying profitable business opportunities and potential clients.
- Proficiency in integrated business management, CRM solutions will be an asset
- Strong, demonstrated ability in negotiating and closing business deals.
- Ability to assess and advise on possible joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, time management and problem-solving ability
- A proactive attitude towards growth, learning, and working with a highly collaborative team
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Is an extremely flexible and adaptable self-starter.
- Ability and willing to travel to MENA region, Europe and the US
- Exhibits excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE AND REPORTING:
- The BD Specialist will report directly to IPSD Project Director and GGateway’s Business Director.
- The BD Specialist will need to maintain a close working relationship with the World Bank and MoNE
- Work closely with other designated stakeholders from IPSD project, project consultants hired to assist GGateway, GGateway potential leads and clients, IT associations in the West Bank and Gaza, IT firms in West Bank and Gaza and any other donor organizations and clients in the MENA region and globally.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The BD Specialist position will be full time, for 3 -years, renewable with three-month probation period.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit their CV, Cover letter, and three professional references no later than Thursday November 12,2020, at 4:00 PM Ramallah time to the following e-mail: [email protected]
Kindly state the position title you are applying for “Project Development Specialist” in your e-mail submission.