Palestinian Federation of Industries (PFI) was established in 1999 as a private sector institution, as well as national institution that represents the industrial sector in Palestine through specialized industrial federations. The PFI follows the law of the Palestinian Federation of Industries and specialized industrial unions No (2) for the year 2006. The main role of the General Union is to qualify and train members, represent them effectively and defend their interests, develop effective policies to promote the industrial sector and developing the local economy. PFI has a mission to support the Palestinian national industries and protect them against dumping and unfair competition through the following tools: Development of the national industries by orienting domestic and foreign investments and introducing modern industrial systems. Regulating of industrial activity in accordance with the type of industrial production through specialized unions and provide them with the necessary support. Endeavor to raise the competitiveness of the national industrial products.
PFI is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Business Development Specialist (BDS)
Position Title: Business Development Specialist (BDS)
Number of available Positions: 1
Place: PFI Office, Gaza
Direct Report: Executive Manager
Expected Start Date: September 2020
Expected Duration: 18 months
SAWA Project Background:
For the cooperation program between European Union Delegation EUDEL and Belgium; Enabel - Belgian development agency is responsible for implementing the intervention of “Enhanced resilience of micro businesses and create sustainable livelihood opportunities in the Gaza strip -SAWA”. SAWA is a 3-year project that aims at contributing to economic resilience through enhancing the resilience and sustainability of micro-businesses in the Gaza Strip and initiating sustainable and innovative green/circular economy initiative. In partnership with Enabel, PFI is responsible to achieve the second result of the project: Empowered youth create sustainable and innovative green/circular economy solutions. Under this result, the project will facilitate new economic growth opportunities in the field of circular/green economy by providing green solutions to problems and challenges identified by the industrial sectors and create new innovative green entrepreneurs.
PFI will take the lead to identify the main challenges facing their sector in the field of green economy, and then will conduct hackathons for entrepreneurs (students/graduates from TVET colleges and universities) who are able to create innovative solutions ideas for the identified problems. Selected entrepreneurs will receive a package of financial and non-financial support (coaching, mentorship, networking, marketing and linkages) to having their ides transferred into valuable businesses.
PFI is in the granting process to receive a grant from Enabel to implement project activities related to the second component in the Gaza strip. Upon finalizing the granting process between Enabel and PFI, PFI is expected to start implementing SAWA project activities in September 2020.
Under the supervision of Executive Manager at PFI, the Business Development Specialist (BDS) will be fully responsible for providing business development services including (and not limited to industrial sectors’ challenges and green opportunities mapping, sensitization and awareness sessions, hackathon implementing, training, coaching/mentoring, curriculum development, and business plans selection) and will support the implementation of other activities under the designated result.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support industrial sectors’ challenges and green opportunities mapping to identify the key challenges encountering the industrial sectors in the field of green and circular economy in the Gaza Strip.
- Support Project Coordinator in implementing communication and sensitization activities with TVET universities/ colleges and incubators to nominate talent students, graduates and entrepreneurs to participate in the green hackathon.
- Support Project Coordinator in developing selection criteria and scoring system to select the most feasible solutions and project beneficiaries.
- Supervise the selection process of the most feasible green/circular solutions and project beneficiaries according to the pre-agreed selection criteria.
- Evaluate submitted business plans and select the most feasible solutions.
- Support the development of business development manuals and procedures.
- Participate in developing training curriculum including materials, guides, tools, and templates that will be used in the project
- Plan, design and implement training and capacity building programs based on the needs of the project beneficiaries
- Support Project Coordinator in planning and organizing Hackathon
- Conduct field visits to project applicants and beneficiaries
- Plan, coordinate and supervise technical support activities for the selected solutions and project beneficiaries
- Conduct field verification activities seed funds recipients or supported micro-businesses to ensure receiving grants installment, efficient use of seed funds, and collect supportive documents.
- Train and support project beneficiaries to develop economically viable and technically sound business plans
- Provide coaching support, conduct on-site mentorship sessions, and develop mentorship report.
- Provide marketing and networking services to the selected solutions.
- Support the implementation of MEAL activities.
- Responsibilities of the BDS may include other tasks and duties as necessary throughout the life of the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Social Science, Engineering or another relevant field.
- At least 3 years experience in capacity building and implementing micro-business trainings/workshops.
- Extensive experience (at least 3 years) of directly related experience in the fields of SMEs or/and Business Planning, Marketing, business coaching/mentorship, pricing analysis, economic empowerment and entrepreneurship projects.
- Extensive experience in projects coordination and implementation.
- Extensive experience (at least 2 years) in industrial Sectors context in the Gaza strip.
- Good experience in the field of green/circular economy.
- Ability to provide accurate data about Industrial sectors with high priority based in the market and business area’s needs, to identify investment opportunities at the level of SMEs.
- Understanding of financing options for business start-ups and business expansions.
- Sound experience in skills development/private sector development or related fields.
- Strong knowledge in the social/ cultural and economic context of Gaza.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and ability to work independently and in high pressure situations under tight deadlines.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills including experience of facilitation of trainings/workshops and presentation.
- Proven and demonstrated broad knowledge of and ability to utilize principles, methods, techniques and systems of project management.
- Ability to participate and work in teams.
- Advanced skills in using office package as (MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent communication, and written skills in English and Arabic.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] no later than Thursday, 27/08/2020, no later than 16:00 PM. and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.