Bayader for Environment & Development (Bayader) is a non-governmental organization established in 2007 aiming to develop the Palestinian community and society in Women and Childhood, Food Security, Economic Empowerment, Community Development and emergency response & early recovery. Bayader is working in the field of community initiatives mainly in non-profit activities with community.
Bayader is recruiting candidates for the following position:
Business Development Specialist (BDS)
Position Title: Business Development Specialist (BDS)
Number of available Positions: 2
Place: Bayader Office, Khan Younis
Direct Report: Project Coordinator (PC)
Expected Start Date: September 2020
Expected Duration: 18 months
SAWA Project Background:
For the cooperation program between European Union Delegation EUDEL and Belgium; Enabel - Belgian development agency is responsible for implementing the intervention of “Enhanced resilience of micro businesses and create sustainable livelihood opportunities in the Gaza strip -SAWA”. SAWA is a 3-year project that aims at contributing to economic resilience through enhancing the resilience and sustainability of micro-businesses in the Gaza Strip and initiating sustainable and innovative green/circular economy initiative.
In partnership with Enabel, Bayader is responsible to achieve the following result: Empowered vulnerable women and youth for establishing sustainable and resilient micro businesses. Under this result, SAWA project will support the creation of viable and economically feasible livelihood microbusinesses through providing capacity building, skills enhancement, seed funding, coaching, and mentoring to vulnerable and marginalized women and youth following the community-based and sustainable livelihood approach.
Bayader is in the granting process to receive a grant from Enabel to implement project activities related to the livelihood component in the middle, Khan Younis, and Rafah governorates. Upon finalizing the granting process between Enabel and Bayader, Bayader is expected to start implementing SAWA project activities in September 2020.
Under the supervision of the SAWA project coordinator (PC) at Bayader, the Business Development Specialist (BDS) will be fully responsible for providing business development services including (and not limited to vulnerability mapping, promising sectors prioritization, sensitization sessions, training, coaching/mentoring, curriculum development, and business plans selection) and will support the implementation of livelihoods activities under the designated result.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Represent project to local community and stakeholders.
- Support vulnerability mapping activities to identify the most vulnerable communities in target localities and their community needs in coordination with project coordinator and other project team.
- Support community-level sector mapping activities to identify promising community-level economic sectors and livelihood opportunities.
- Plan and implement community mobilization, outreach, and sensitization activities
- Conduct field visits to project applicants and beneficiaries.
- Conduct verification activities to project applicants to identify potential project beneficiaries.
- Select SAWA beneficiaries who participate in micro-business development training.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise capacity building activities.
- Develop training curriculum including materials, guides, tools, and templates that will be used in the capacity building program to project beneficiaries.
- Provide life skill and micro-business management training for project beneficiaries.
- Train and support project beneficiaries to develop economically viable and technically sound business plans
- Evaluate submitted business plans and select seed funds recipients.
- Conduct field verification activities seed funds recipients or supported micro-businesses to ensure receiving grants installment, efficient use of seed funds, and collect supportive documents.
- Provide coaching support, conduct on-site mentorship sessions, and develop mentorship report.
- Facilitate marketing, linkages, and networking support provided to project beneficiaries.
- Support PC in developing selection criteria and scoring system to select project beneficiaries.
- Support the implementation of MEAL activities.
- Responsibilities of the BDS may include other tasks and duties as necessary throughout the life of the project.
Documentation, Learning and Reporting
- Ensure submit timely, complete and accurate reports.
- Document best practices, lessons learned and success stories.
- Support prepare narrative reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in business administration, Engineering, Social Science or a relevant field. (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience e.g. in marketing, economics, management, business development etc.).
- 3-5 years of directly related experience in the fields of marketing, business planning, pricing analysis, consultation, business coaching/mentorship, micro/small business (MSMEs) experience, economic empowerment, livelihood and entrepreneurship projects.
- Extensive experience in capacity building and implementing micro-business management trainings/workshops targeting vulnerable youth and women in vulnerable communities.
- Proven track record of delivering coaching and mentoring services to vulnerable youth and women.
- Considerable knowledge of sound business procedures including business planning and marketing.
- Good knowledge of potential market linkages.
- Understanding of financing options for business start-ups and business expansions.
- Sound experience in skills development/community development or related fields.
- Strong knowledge in the social/ cultural and economic context of Gaza.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills including experience of facilitation of trainings/workshops and presentation.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in using office package as (MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong team play and collaboration skills.
- Effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Monitoring&Evaluation in the business sphere and gender experience are two added pluses.
- Resident of Middle area, khan Younis or Rafah governorates.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
- Deadline for submitting applications Thursday, 27/08/2020, no later than 16:00 PM.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.