Duration: 12 months.
Terms of Reference for Business Development Services Coordinator
The Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection of Workers (PFESP), which was established by a virtue of the Presidential Decree number (9) article (1) of 2003 as a national autonomous legal entity that is created to promote sustainable development in Palestine through implementing programs aiming to generate employment opportunities, its establishment was based on a feasibility study conducted by the International Labor Organization (ILO).
Based on PFESP main strategic goals, which derived directly from the Palestinian national development plan, which focuses on enhancing the job opportunities for youth through pushing toward the entrepreneurial self-employment, support small business projects and promoting the creativity, leaderships and self-employment culture. In addition, support youth initiatives, training, and skilling in order to launch a stable and creative small business.
To achieve that PFESP is seeking to increase, enhance, and varying the available PFESP portfolios, to target self-employment through Funding and Lending projects in line with the PFESP objectives in enhancing youth, unskilled workers, and craftsmen’s job opportunities in business sector, PFESP seeking to reach a one billion dollar portfolio which can fund more than 75,000 small business, and offer more than 200,000 job opportunities.
PFESP also seeking to enhance graduates and unskilled workers professionalism and competitiveness to meet the local and international labor market needs, though rehabilitation, training, skilling and merging the graduates in the labor market, PFESP provided many job opportunities on the last three years, which seen as a real start for new horizons, partnerships, and external fundraising.
To achieve the previous objectives, PFESP is providing a diver’s business development services packages through the Technical Department for job seekers and entrepreneurs to be able get fund, support and capacity building for their new business ideas or even existed ones, through training, continuous support, and legal, technical, financial and organizational consultations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Designing training action plans, Materials, training implementation according to the requirement of every project.
- Facilitate target groups meetings.
- Training and related activities reporting.
- Follow up and control the target group progress at and after the training to evaluate the extent their improvement.
- Ability to provide online and offline services for PFESP beneficiaries.
- Need assessments and studies implementation according to the needs of every project.
- The ability to develop innovative programs and products which have a better effective in business and self-employment sector.
- Field visits and activities according to the needs to provide technical and logistical assistance for the beneficiaries to provide consultations to tackle any problems facing their businesses, based on their business plans.
- Beneficiaries follow up according to pre-planned timeframe to guarantee effective performance and optimum efficiency.
- Participation in developing networking, cooperation and effective communications mechanisms with the main stakeholders in business, Self-Employment and entrepreneurships.
- Participation in developing Technical assistance mechanisms for beneficiaries in business, Self-Employment and entrepreneurships sector.
- Helping beneficiaries in analyzing and expanding business operations toward sustained growth.
- Helping beneficiaries in monitoring revenue streams and identifying opportunities to increase profitability.
- Helping beneficiaries in evaluating and improving their sales, marketing, and branding strategies.
- Helping beneficiaries in in identifying and developing new lines of their business based on consumer behavior.
- Helping beneficiaries in Performing competitor analysis toward obtaining an increased market share.
- Helping beneficiaries in developing client relationships and strengthening industry partnerships.
- Helping beneficiaries in identifying new clients by researching and creating networking opportunities.
- Helping beneficiaries in negotiating and closing their business deals that promote sustained revenue.
- Liaising with Sales, Marketing, and Management to align strategies aimed at increasing revenue.
- Assessing and advising on potential joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Participation in T.S development mechanisms and activities.
- Participation in development mechanisms to develop existed business in merging them in the local, national and international markets.
- Participation in developing a special program to promote and increased the awareness of importance of Small business, Self-Employment and entrepreneurships, in addition to promote for other PFESP products and services.
- Participate in providing recommendations about financial portfolios, in addition to participate in the main criteria’s development and evaluate every business requirement and match with the best portfolio.
- Cooperate and integrate with Financial department specially in procurements and bids processes.
- Implement any other assigned tasks.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Development or Marketing, or similar
- Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA) preferred.
- Extensive experience (at least 7 years) experience in completing trainings/workshops.
- Extensive experience (at least 7 years) experience in Small Business or/and Business Planning or/and Marketing and Fundraising.
- Extensive experience (at least 7 years) experience in projects coordination and implementation.
- Proficiency in integrated business management and CRM software, including NetSuite and Odoo.
- Advanced knowledge of business development, marketing strategies, and brand expansion.
- Experience in identifying profitable business opportunities and potential clients.
- Extensive experience on consultation or/and SMEs.
- Extensive experience in the main economic sector and the ability to read the local and international market and the main economic sectors, especially the ones with high priority.
- Ability to provide accurate data about economic sectors with high priority based in the market and business area’s needs, to identify investment opportunities at the level of SMEs.
- High ability to consult and direct beneficiaries and in some cases their families.
- Extensive knowledge of civil society sector in Palestine.
- Extensive experience on building capacities.
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and an ability to work independently and in high pressure situations under tight deadlines.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills including experience of facilitation of trainings/workshops and presentation.
- Proven and demonstrated broad knowledge of and ability to utilize principles, methods, techniques and systems of project management.
- Ability to participate and work in teams.
- Advanced skills in using office package as (MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent communication, and written skills in English, and Arabic.
- Consummate team player, able to thrive in an international, multi-cultural environment
- High degree of flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Able to see the bigger picture while paying attention to the details
- Willingness to do what it takes to “get the job done” to a high standard
- Low tolerance for unmet expectations
- Manages frustration and stressful situations with ease and maintains a good sense of humor
- Ability to motivate people around the achievement of goals
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter in English no later than December 17, 2020 to the following email: [email protected]
Please indicate the position title in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.