Career Opportunities: PZA-SAWA Business Development Officer - Livelihood
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel offers solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1,500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel Palestine is seeking to recruit a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of SAWA Business Development Expert - Livelihood. This person will be a member of the project team of “Enhance Resilience for Micro- businesses and Create Sustainable livelihood Opportunities in the Gaza Strip” and will be working at the Enabel office in Gaza. The project period is 3 years (started in January 2020), the period of assignment is 22 months.
The Business Development Officer will be in charge of business development interventions under the sustainable livelihood outcome of “Enhance resilience for micro- businesses and create sustainable livelihood opportunities in the Gaza Strip – SAWA".
(S)he will contribute to the successful achievement of the first project outcome " Empowered vulnerable women and youth for establishing sustainable and resilient micro businesses"
Activities related to the position
- Participate in the technical and financial capacity assessment of the selected partners;
- Evaluate the operational and financial plans submitted by the project partners and validate it according to the project master plan and budget;
- Support and empower project partners in conducting local labour market community-based assessment Work closely with expert/s to design and implement business development services’ materials/manuals and processes for project partners;
- Supervise and work closely with the project partners to develop and adopt resilience plans for project beneficiaries through sustainable livelihood approach;
- Monitoring closely the quality of project outputs and deliverable by project partners;
- Work closely and provide the needed technical support to the other project business development officer responsible for innovation and green economy outcome once it is needed;
- Explore further opportunities for project extension and sustainability.
As Expert in Project Management
Contribute to Planning, Implementing and Monitoring of SAWA project in order to ensure a smooth implementation of activities within the available budget and timeframe.
As Expert in Project Management - Key Tasks
- Contribute to the operational and financial planning of activities;
- Support the intervention manager to develop baseline assessment to the project;
- Ensure the implementation and follow-up of livelihood and business development activities in compliance with the grant agreements of the project partners;
- Organise technical meetings, prepare their agenda and minutes;
- Close technical follow up with project partners and provide technical advises to their team when it is needed Contribute to the monitoring of project indicators, update regularly the internal monitoring tools on the progress of activities; contribute to the internal and external reporting on the project;
- Ensure the planning, follow-up, preparation and review of progress payments to the project partners, in close collaboration with the national intervention manager and the finance – officer;
- Contribute to all contractual matters and correspondences pertinent to the projects;
- Participate in the evaluations (MTR, ETR) and capitalisation of the project.
As Expert in Livelihood and Business Development
Bring technical expertise in these fields in order to ensure technical innovation and respect of all applicable norms, standards and best practices.
As Expert in Livelihood and Business Development - Key Tasks
- Participate in the evaluation of the operational planning submitted by the project partners and providing technical insights and validation;
- Participate in identifying and defining the sectors that will be targeted by the project partners;
- Contribute to the drafting of Terms of Reference or technical specifications for the consultancies;
- Participate in recruiting project consultants and experts;
- Ensure a close collaboration with the project consultant/s to facilitate the implementation of different project activities;
- Review and approve all technical documents produced by consultants (manuals, training materials, procedures. Etc.);
- Supervise the professional implementation of all project activities related to the livelihood and green economy by the local partners;
- Supervise the selection of project beneficiaries according to the pre-agreed selection criteria in the grant agreement;
- Ensure the quality of interventions provided to the project beneficiaries, including training, coaching and seed funding;
- Evaluate the performance of the consultants and project partners;
- Apply and implement a strict progress control system to ensure that the milestone dates are met.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Level of Education Required for the Job
Master’s degree in business administration, economics or equivalent.
Experience Required for the Job
- At least 5 years’ experience in designing and supervising livelihood and income generation projects;
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of business development services;
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management;
- At least 4 years’ experience in working on development within NGOs or international organisations.
Technical Skills Required for the Job
- Arabic as mother tongue
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Modern Standard Arabic;
- Good knowledge of the context of vulnerable areas in Gaza Strip;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and other administrative and technical documents; Ease of use of the standard information technology tools;
- Good communication, presentation and facilitation skills;
- Mature, good communicator and team-player;
- Able to work under stressful conditions and not objecting to overtime and field missions; Excellent professional knowledge of MS Office
- Having a valid driving license
Are you interested?
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 12/12/2020.
Only applications that are registered via our on-line portal will be considered.