The Opportunity – Business Development Manager
Post location: Ramallah Country Office
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 2 years’- full time position
The Business Development Manager (BDM) for the oPt Country Office (CO) will support the Country Director (CD) and lead on new business development in the CO by building strategic relationships with donors and partners, actively tracking and analysing country pipelines and portfolios including linkages to broader regional initiatives, capture planning for key must win in-country opportunities, and for ensuring that well-coordinated and competitive proposal management processes are used.
The role will actively seek to grow the country office’s income and funding base through various strategic initiatives. This includes improving insights into country pipelines and new opportunities, linking them with broader regional initiatives; in collaboration with the CD, leading on donor engagement planning and opportunity tracking, developing and reviewing strategic approaches to fundraising, and enhancing capture planning. As a member o f the Senior Management Team (SMT) the BD M is responsible to support the development of an organisational culture and improve active and regular working relationships with different sectors and stakeholders. The successful candidate will also be expected to work closely with Save the Children Federation Members and the Regional Office (RO) Resource Mobilisation team to access new markets and donors.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Country Director
Dotted Line: Resource Mobilisation team at SCI MEEE Regional Office (RO)
Key working relationships: Engages internally with the Advocacy, Campaigns, Communications and Media, Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) and Technical Experts (TEs), Operations, Finance, Awards, Risk and Compliance and Human Resources (HR) teams to coordinate delivera bles and responsibilities across the Country Office. Supports with day-to-day coordination on all business development (BD) initiatives with the RO.
The oPt CO operates in a highly complex context with multi-member interest. The CO has an annual budget of around $17m, and approximately 75 staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: Partnership and relationship management – 35%
• Alongside CO Senior Management Team and Technical Experts, proactively engages with external partners, builds relationships, gathers business intelligence, and generates new funding opportunities.
• Work with the RO and members in developing and implementing strategies to access funding from new markets (i.e. Gulf), corporates, and philanthropists.
• Collect and analyse background information to develop prospect profiles and perform analysis t o reco mmend donor’s giving capacity.
• Develop donor engagement plans and use tracking tools to monitor progress against targets.
• Support CO leadership decision making to form programming consortia which strengthen both programming and resource mobilisation outcomes.
• Participate in external working groups, roundtables, high level meetings, conferences, and sector events.
Key Area 2: Portfolio and Pipeline Management – 20%
• In coordination with the Award Management Unit (AMU), identify, mitigate, and report on the COs pipeline and priority funding gaps. These may include thematic/programme gaps, co-financing gaps, and operational sustainability gaps.
• Support CO to conduct portfolio analysis, donor landscape mapping, and fundraising strategy development, as required.
Key Are a 3: Cap ture Planning and Opportunity Preparation – 30%
• Ensure that the CO collaborates effectively with the RO and members to gather and assess donor, partner, and internal information relevant to upcoming major opportunities.
• Strengthen the CO capability on long-term capture planning for upcoming funding opportunities (i.e. competitor analysis, internal SWOT analysis, etc.) and support the development of donor specific communications/products.
• Conduct research into regional/sector trends as well as new and emerging donors.
• Establish a strong, collaborative, and efficient proposal process, as required, and proactively address challenges that may hinder the proposal development process.
Key Area 4: Capacity Strengthening & Knowledge Management – 15%
• With guidance and support from SCI RO Resource Mobilisation team, sup ports CO BD, TE, Finance, Awards Management, PDQ staff with capacity building around BD.
• Deliver trainings to the CO on specific donors as well as best practice BD approaches and processes
• Act as a source of knowledge, information on internal BD processes, and donor intelligence, requirements, compliance considerations, etc.
Key Area 5: As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to:
• Leadership of the oPt CO.
• Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects our broad spectrum programming values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our Members and donors.
• Support the design and implementation of a coherent organizational str ucture that is consistent with agency practices.
• Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with: host government authorities, donors, partner agencies including major institutional donors, and local and international NGOs as requested, delegated, and authorized by the CD.
• Ensure the oPt office co mplies with all Save the Children policies and procedures outlined in the Quality Framework where applicable.
Ensure that the required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies, working closely with the CD.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• Development Professional with a relevant Masters’ Degree and /or equivalent professional experience.
• Background in donor and relationship m anagement, str ategic portfolio analysis and planning, and change management required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 5+ years demonstrated professional experience in identifying and securing funds from major government donors, multilateral agencies, corporate donors, and/or foundations (i.e. USAID, FCDO, ECHO, UNICEF, WFP etc.).
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating and/or supporting with the development of funding proposals to institutional donors.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues through critical thinking, analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
• Proven record of accomplishment in institutional, foundations, individual, and/or corporate partnership building.
• Experience in strategic decision making and planning, and the ability to analyse data and information with a focus on competitiveness.
• A high degree of attention to detail and the ability to lead key task s (i.e. proposal development) to on-time completion under significant pressure.
• Highly developed networking skills and ability to form productive working relationships with a wide range of internal colleagues (e.g. program technical, awards compliance, finance, program operations) and external stakeholders.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including communicating with impact, influencing, negotiating, and coaching.
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
• A high degree of flexibility and adaptability in order to respond to changing needs. Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time.
• Experience in project and change management related to organisational de velopment projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
• Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
• Fluency in Arabic is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated experience identifying and securing funding from major government donors, multilateral agencies, corporate donors and/or foundations or philanthropies (i.e. USAID, DFID/FDCO, DEVCO/ECHO, UNICEF, etc.).
• Previous experience with capacity building, learning, or training initiatives, ideally in the BD sector.
• Proven ability to write persuasive, competitive , and compliant narr ative proposals for institutional donors.
A detailed understanding on funding mechanisms for development work such as Save the Children’s.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national and / OR International terms and conditions.
We support inclusion; and women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help child ren affected by crises , or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integ rity are highly valued.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة