Position Title: business Accountant- part time 70%
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: business manager & project manager
Duration: 8 months
MA’AN is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
In the framework of the Project “Strengthening the Resilience of Gaza’s Population (GRP)” funded by the German government through GIZ, MAAN is implementing the project: "Strengthening the Resilience of Deir Al Balah Youth through Self-Sustained Services". The project aims at establishing a protected space for young female and male Gazans to provide self-sufficient socio-economic community services including a space for skills development and green innovation. The project targets Deir El Balah area of 53,000 people including one Refugee Camp. A new model of community service center will be established and managed as a social enterprise to sustain the community support/innovation services. Thus, it contributes to enhancing the resilience and increasing the capacities of the most vulnerable groups in Deir Al Balah. The project measures include building and equipping a community support center with a space for eco-farming skills development/innovation to provide relevant services and other community support services which are sustained by the agri-business activities. They also include running and managing an agri-business as a social business to sustain its mandated community services. In addition, the project will offer the young community of Deir El Balah agricultural entrepreneurship/skills development/innovation services.
MA’AN Development Center is seeking a competent and highly qualified business accountant to manage the financial operations of the agri-business activities
The main duties include:
- Developing a well -elaborated financial system for the established businesses including detailed working procedures to manage, document and control the financial
- Prepare the annual working budget considering the available resources and the set business goals.
- Managing and documenting the business financial processes including but not limited to income, expenditures, A/P, A/R, assets control and etc.
- Generating monthly and annual financial reports according to IFRS. The reports shall display the business profits/ losses statements, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Keeping a check and reporting on the Business’s financial status
- Reconciling the Business’s bank statements and bookkeeping ledgers
- Analyze financial data and recommend financial and managerial actions for enhanced profitability and effective expenditures
- Ensure the proper documentation of the financial transactions according to the national requirements.
- Ensure security of financial information and well archiving of financial documents.
- Ensure compliance with local financial legal requirements by studying existing laws and procedures, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Liaise with external auditors and provide all the supporting documents to ensure a smooth and efficient running of any internal or external audit processes
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/Finance from an accredited university. Master degree is plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in business accounting.
- Having Full cycle accounting experience.
- Excellent experience in financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, and internal control for businesses
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products.
- Good experience in national accounting software’s.
- Having good interpersonal skills.
Download employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of applicant and the position.
Fill in the required information in the following link: https://forms.gle/VDEBL8W4vF2SxWSL8
Attach employment application in within the previous link.
Applications will not be considered if employment application is not attached in the previous link.
Applications will only be accepted until Wednesday 22 March 2023