تعلن سلطة المياه الفلسطينية وحدة إدارة المشاريع / غزه عن حاجتها للوظيفة المذكورة ادناه وذلك للعمل ضمن طاقم وحدة إدارة المشاريع وذلك حسب الشروط المبين ادناه:
Bulk Water Supply Unit Manager
The Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Water Security Development - Gaza Central Desalination Program: Associated Works Project Phase I (AWP-Phase 1), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services for the establishment of Bulk Water Supply Unit in Gaza.
The overall objective of the Consultancy Service (s) is the establishment of a unit to operate Bulk Water Supply Unit (BWSU) in Gaza through design and implementation of an action plan establishing a unit that would over the implementation period of the project take on gradual responsibility for: (i) operation and maintenance of the STLVs; (ii) monitoring and management of bulk water purchases from Israel; (iii) management and operation of groundwater wells in the middle and southern Gaza governorates at the first stage and at later stage for all southern Governorates to be utilized for blending; (iv) blending of these bulk water sources for distribution and onward sale to municipalities (the SPs); and (v) billing and collection for bulk water sales to municipalities. The unit will eventually scale up its role and responsibilities to be the Gaza nucleus of the National Water Company (NWC) envisaged in the 2014 Water Law in line with the recent Cabinet Decisions for establishing the NWC and the Regional Water utilities (RWU).
The PWA is considering the recruitment of a qualified Bulk Water Supply Unit Manager (BWSU) who will contribute to the successful delivery of the unit establishment and operation activities. This position is paramount to the Bulk Water Supply Unit in Gaza; to ensure fulfillment of Bulk Water supply Unit in Gaza objectives.
- Component 1: Improved Supply of Bulk Water to the southern and middle governorates of Gaza
- Component 2: Capacity Building and Performance Improvement of Selected Institutions
Sub-component 2.1: Establishment of a unit to operate bulk water supply in Gaza
Sub-component 2.2: Design of a National Service Provider Improvement Program
Sub-component 2.3: Priority investment planning for bulk water supply in the West Bank
- Component 3: Project Management and Implementation Support
The Bulk Water Supply Unit Manager, will report transitionally to the PMU General Director and institutional Manager and once CEO of the NWC appointed, the BWSU will technically report to the new CEO while still fully coordinate and align with PMSU GD, holds the responsibility of the management and implementation in respect to the establishment and operation of the Bulk Water Supply Unit in Gaza to supply water provision at bulk level throughout Project implementation of relevant activities, including management, operation, maintenance, and financial aspects.
Working to support the establishment of the Bulk Water Supply Unit and its operation considering the Government recent Decrees for the establishment of the national Water Company with branch in Gaza.
- Overall responsible for planning, organizing, directing and reviewing all activities related to the establishment of the BWSU.
- Follow up and implement activities related to institutional setup, tariff setting, etc. in line with PWA policies.
- Establish and follow up the communications and partnerships with the CMWU and municipalities – including the MOUs with the 16 municipalities
- Supervise the Bulk Water Supply Unit in Gaza; oversee daily work schedules; the inspection, operation, testing, and maintenance of the water quality and sampling program; Cross-Connection Control Program; potable and recycled water well and pumping equipment; potable water treatment plants; potable and recycled water storage facilities, including pumps, air compressors, disinfection equipment, automatic actuating equipment, emergency systems, pipe systems, and the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system.
- Maintain and ensure the adequate supply of water in the District's potable and recovered water and treated effluent storage tanks; ensure water supplied to service providers and meets Primary and Secondary Drinking Water Standards; ensure compliance with state, and local regulations involving potable and recycled water.
- Respond to water services and/or end customer water quality complaints; coordinate with staff working in the Recovery and Irrigation Scheme in scheduling recovered water deliveries to the Water User Associations and other entities; requisition parts and supplies.
- Oversee the operation of emergency-power generation equipment.
- Plan and direct a variety of related welding, carpentry, pipefitting, valve repair, and cement work.
- Compile and log a variety of readings.
- Provide information and respond either orally or in writing to the Relevant Department of Health and other entities regarding water quality, treatment, and distribution issues.
- Prepare and present a variety of reports including quarterly progress, monthly water quality and O&M Progress.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for the Bulk Water Supply Unit and maintain accountability throughout the year; and coordinates contract work.
- Oversees the working schedules for operating bulk water facilities under the project including the STLVs, maintenance and repair works, all according to the Operations and Maintenance Manuals.
- Develops and supervises the application of techniques and methods in various process controls to increase the efficiency of the facilities operation.
- Reviews comprehensive reports and provides detailed information and recommendations to PWA and where required, other public bodies/agencies when necessary.
- Prepares the annual operation budget for current operating facilities, and reviews all plans for upgrades.
- Directs research and development in the areas of new processes or techniques.
- Prepares comprehensive reports necessary to provide information as required by local or national regulatory agencies as needed.
- During the establishment phase, develop the institutional setup of the unit and defines models for sustainability of the unit , etc. in line with PWA policies, and in full coordination with the CEO for the NWC
- Participate in the recruitment process of key staff for the BWSU
- Coordinate and follow up the development of agreements with the Service providers for supplying the bulk water
- Support in hiring key personal for the yet with gender sensitivity
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Proven managerial record preferably with a Master’s Degree in a field of engineering, or business management or equivalent.
- Preferably, fifteen (15) years of prior experience in the field of execution of for public utility and private companies at senior level
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word and Excel etc.).
- Proficiency in English language
- Strong communication skills, leadership to make change.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year Extendable as demand necessity, on a full-time basis. The expected start date for the position is 01st of June 2021.
The CV’s and the supporting documents should be sent before 23/04/2021 to the email address below:
For more clarification, please do not hesitate in contacting us during working hours (8:00 am-15:00pm).
Tel: 08 2644071
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted