Chemonics International seeks a Bookkeeper for a newly awarded, USAID-funded project promoting economic growth in the West Bank and Gaza through expanded economic development, trade, commerce, and applied research. The five-year project has three main objectives:
- Objective 1: Facilitate Cooperative Exchange and Knowledge Sharing
- Objective 2: Foster New Markets
- Objective 3: Enhance the Capacity of Targeted Entities
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager with planning, managing, and implementing all aspects of project accounting.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Specific roles and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Receives and manages invoices from vendors to ensure timely payment by the project
- Prepares payments for expenses incurred and ensures that appropriate documentation and approvals are obtained for each payment
- Maintains financial files in accordance with Chemonics’ and USAID policies
- Monitors cash balances and bank accounts and coordinates with Finance Manager to prepare wire requests
- Enters all accounting transactions entered into the accounting software and prepares monthly locals package
- Prepares all coding sheets for expenses
- Assists the Finance Manager with processing payroll each month and prepare salary receipt/payroll forms, as well as appropriate tax withholdings and employer contributions
- Prepares ad hoc financial reports as needed.
Basic qualifications include:
- University degree or diploma in accounting, finance, or a related field required
- A minimum of 1 year of finance and accounting experience
- Strong computer literacy skills required in word processing, spreadsheets, web browsers, and email
- Work experience in the private sector and in a development project environment is preferred
- Demonstrated successful interpersonal skills
- Fluency in Arabic required and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills
To apply, please complete the form online through Apply Now-button below
by October 26, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.