- Implement financial and administrative policies as established by the Donor, NA and SOS CVI and notifies FCD and the Chief Accountant of any breaches.
- Participate in project steering meetings and advice steering team in the area of project financial management.
- Ensures that payments are authorized, relevant corroborating documents are attached and within the approved budget lines.
- Provide input and participate in the different budget cycle stages.
- Assist in reflecting budgets in SOS integrated finance system.
- Liaise with programme accountant and coordinate the proper treatment of received in kind donations, collection and control of revenues by ensuring that all cash and donations are receipted and deposited in time, all revenues from projects are collected and properly recorded as requested by supervisors.
- Keeps in close contact with project staff and focal points to understand project needs and facilitate and provide support.
- Follow up donations in kind registration and distribution.
- Assures that sufficient payment/journal vouchers are available, preparing the purchase requisition to print additional vouchers when needed and contacting the supplier to track the order.
- Follow up and verify delivery of requested services within vendors and service providers own systems, serve as focal point for suppliers contact.
- Liaise with suppliers to avoid any work interruptions and minimize lead time.
- Coordinate with National office accountant the settlement of different intercompany transactions.
- Maintain additional control and tracking records using different tools and template to ensure accuracy and reliability of internal transactions.
- Ensures having sufficient number of check books.
- Maintaining a well-organized archive in the NO for all project transactions.
- Maintain a comprehensive electronic archive for all project documents.
- Facilitate execution and implementation of urgent and important transactions.
- Participate in undertaking internal and external audits.
- Participate in planning for internal audits.
- Providing the facilities with the needed monthly financial reports such as budget comparison to minimize the variances with the approved budget.
- Support other departments like fund development and communications, Human resources and programmes through notifying them of revenues and advice.
- Prepare specific reports for the HOFC and the Chief accountant for planning and monitoring e.g. key ratios, monthly expenditure reports etc.
- Prepare customized financial reports for donors and external stakeholder.
Child protection is everyone's responsibility
Protect the child and the young from all forms of abuse, neglect, abandonment, violence, discrimination and maltreatment.
Report any CS suspicion , concern or abuse or incident immediately to one of the local and / or national child protection committees or to his direct supervisor following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- BA Degree in the field of Finance and/or Accounting.
- Working experience of 3-5 Years in Financial Management.
- Experience in working for INGOs.
- Experience in working with internationally funded projects like: BMZ, GIZ or EU.
- Very good knowledge of fund management and regulations.
- Very good knowledge of English.
- Intermediate Skills in using MS Office 2019
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Problem Solving
Additional Preferable Qualifications:
- Knowledge of/ experience in using Microsoft Dynamics, power apps & financial modelling.
- Knowledge in project management, controlling and monitoring.
- Advance Credentials in Financial Management are preferred.
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Friday 05/11/2021.
Indicating in the subject line: BMZ Accountant
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.