The Palestine Institute for Biodiversity and Sustainability and the Palestine Museum of Natural History at Bethlehem University needs to fill the position of a Project Manager and invites qualified applicants to send theirs by September7th 2018.
Biodiversity Conservation and Community Development in Al-Makhrour Valley in Bethlehem, Palestine Project
Job Title Project Manager
Specific Characteristic No less than 5 years’ experience in relevant field
Place of Work Palestine – AL Makhrour Valley and villages in proximity
Reports to PIBS- BU project leader and Darwin Initiative correspondents
Manages Managing/Coordinating the project entitled “Biodiversity Conservation and Community Development in Al-Makhrour Valley in Bethlehem, Palestine”
The position offered will form part of the team for “Biodiversity Conservation and Community Development in Al-Makhrour Valley in Bethlehem, Palestine” project that will be implemented at AL Makhrour area and four villages adjacent (Beit Jala, Al Khader, Battir and Al Walaja). This is two years and 7 months project starting on the 10th of September 2018 and ending on the 31st of March 2019. The project is implemented by PIBS-BU (Palestine Institute of Biodiversity and Sustainability at Bethlehem University); the UK partner Byspokes, ICP–BU (Institute for Community Partnership at Bethlehem University) and PCC (Pioneer Consultancy Centre for Sustainable Development). The manager will deal with (1) project partners including ICP, Byspokes and PCC, (2) the project collaborators such as Palestinian ministries (Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities and Ministry of Agriculture, etc.), Environment Quality Authority (EQA) and village councils of targeted villages/cities, and (3) the project donor Darwin Initiative.
The project manager will administer and organize the project activities, from simple activities to more complex ones at Al Makhrour area in Bethlehem Governorate in Palestine. The manager will be responsible for working closely with the project leader to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes in line with project proposal document and project budget. The manager will also perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. The manager will coordinate with all project staff as necessary. The manager will play role in promoting of key learnings for the improvement of the project and for the wider leaning of the organization.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget and meet high-quality standards.
- To ensure quality implementation of project activities in relevance to the project plan template.
- To support project leader and partner staff in developing the necessary documents submitted for the donor.
- To supervise all activities implemented at Al-Makhrour site.
- To collect regular data about the progress of the work.
- To analyze and discuss findings with project staff.
- To produce progress and final reports for the donor including the objectives, outcomes, and methodology of implementation, accomplished activities and outcomes, the critical successful factors, the limiting factors and challenges, any unanticipated outcome, legacy outcomes and stakeholders as relevant. In addition, to coordinate the follow-up reports describing baseline and end line evaluation surveys for the different monitoring and evaluation tasks per project intervention.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Liaise with project staff to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Help finance officers at BU referring to project budget.
- Oversee project procurement management
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement) in cooperation with the project staff.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
Qualifications: Masters’ degree in project management in rural development, or biodiversity-related management or related fields.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in project management, from conception to delivery with at least 5 years with some relevant project field
- Experience in projects relevant to the fields of biodiversity, traditional sustainable farming, eco-tourism, business enterprises, capacity building and outreach.
- Proven work experience as a Project Manager/Coordinator or similar role
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong networking, communication and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft programmes
- Hands-on experience with project management tools
- Experience in conducting research
- Experience of organizing lesson-learning sessions
- Excellent writing skills and English language
Job Duration: Starting from 10/9/2018 to 31/5/2019