Medecins Sans Frontieres “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-Belgium is currently seeking to hire a
BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER
Contract type: 6 months fixed term contract (includes 3 months probation) with the possibility to extend after.
Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards...) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Essential secondary education
- Desirable technical diploma, in maintenance or supply chain
- Desirable experience with other NGOs for at least 3 years in supply chain-related jobs or in the logistics department
- Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics
Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
Interested applicants must submit all the following documents:
C.V. and Cover Letter in English detailing qualifications for this position
Submit your application to:
Qualified female candidates are welcome to apply.
Please write BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER on the Email Subject or it may not be considered.
The deadline for submitting applications is: 30th November 2023 , 4:00 PM.