Caritas Jerusalem is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six Day War. Caritas Jerusalem beneficiaries number over 30,000 individuals from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking highly qualified candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Assistant Communications Officer
Position Type: Full time
Contract Period: 12 months contract, with possibility of extension(s)
Starting date:1st Dec 2018.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help implement communications strategies
- Draft and edit communication materials
- Conduct interviews with the stakeholders in the field.
- Assist in preparing progress reports for different programs and projects.
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Update databases and media lists
- Track projects and media exposure
- Facilitate effective internal communications
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Prepare written responses to different parties.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Any other duties assigned by the communications and reporting officer.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in journalism and/or communications or any other relevant field.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Excellent English and Arabic languages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines often under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and social skills, both face-to-face and on the phone
- Able to learn new IT skills quickly and adapt to different systems, including digital editing and uploading to websites.
- A good working knowledge and use of social media for promoting content and narrative stories
- Organized and focused with good attention to detail.
- A valid driving license
- Jerusalem I.D. holder
- Ready to travel to West Bank and if possible to Gaza
Please note that candidates with the minimum (1-2) years of experience who meet the other above mentioned requirements will be short listed and invited to a job interview.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected] and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, Nov 10th 2018. Applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.