UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA’s human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. UNRWA has identified four human development goals as the focus of the Agency’s operations in committing to fostering human development of Palestine refugees by helping them to: lead long and healthy lives, acquire knowledge and skills, achieve decent standards of living and enjoy human rights to the fullest possible extent.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 4,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees.
The incumbent reports administratively to the Area Officer and technically to the Field Maintenance Engineer.
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Coordinates and supervises the maintenance programme in the Area and reports on progress;
- Conducts comprehensive technical surveys of all Agency buildings, installations and infrastructure at least annually to determine maintenance requirements, priorities and quantities for maintenance contracts;
- Conducts periodic routine inspections of all Agency buildings, installations, and infrastructure and takes necessary action in the case of essential maintenance requirements;
- Carries out contract administration duties as directed, including the preparation of bills of quantities, cost estimates for quantities and materials, specifications, interim and final payment certificates, etc;
- Responsible in coordination with the Field Maintenance Engineer for expenditure and cost control on all maintenance contracts in the Area;
- Provides technical support and supervision as necessary and as directed to other Agency programmes, including the maintenance and construction of roads and camp infrastructure, the repair and reconstruction of refugees shelters, self-help projects, etc;
- Prepares work plans and periodic progress reports for maintenance and other engineering works;
- Provides technical advice and support both in relation to applications by residents for construction permits and their implementation;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary USD1,259.40, payable in JD at UN monthly exchange rate.
Other benefits include:
- Provident Fund contribution (15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency).
- Dependency allowances (if applicable).
- 30 days of annual leave.
- Compulsory medical insurance.
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
University degree in Civil (or Structural) Engineering degree from a University or College recognised by UNRWA.
Four years of relevant experience in field and office work.
Good knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Possession of a valid driving license;
- Experience in site supervision.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of relevant academic qualifications, professional training, and progressive work experience may also be considered if there will not be enough qualified candidates.
How to apply
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.
The United Nations does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process. The United Nations does not concern itself with information related to bank accounts.