Architect - Jerusalem– National position
Position type and closing date
Full time position, National Position.
Location: Based in Jerusalem
Reports to: LWF Senior Engineer
Closing date for applications: 18 October 2022
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service.
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
Under general supervision from the LWF Senior Engineer and / or the AVH Chief Executive Officer, the Architect is supporting all property issues of LWF / AVH Campus including project management, professional/technical engineering, engineering design and review, maintenance, remodeling, improving and protecting our immediate environment, standards, survey work, inspections, as well as provide technical support / advice as appropriate to the LWF / AVH Management Team.
Supports the design and building of construction projects and ensure that all codes have been met, safety issues addressed, and that the job has met all specifications.
- Support the plan and design construction projects in accordance with general engineering principles, such as office space / buildings, medical facilities and wards, kitchens, clinics, service departments and others.
- Study project concepts, architectural drawings and models.
- Assess construction sites and check existing structures for upgrades, and create drawings and schematics of projects using computer-aided design (CAD) software and strong ability to create 3D models and simulation using Autodesk 3Ds Max, Sketch up and other software’s.
- Ensure all government and other requirements are satisfied.
- Perform on-site inspections for quality of workmanship, quality of materials, conformity with plans and specifications, code compliance, on-site safety, project schedule vs progress, and general progress of the construction project.
- Maintain observation reports / logs including work description, work methods, contractors on site, weather conditions, observations, photos, and develop and submit a brief quarterly report on the status of the property / campus.
- Conduct or attend construction meetings with contractor(s), architects or other major subcontractors.
- Review progress billings and when necessary negotiate revisions. Approves contractor pay requests, reviews, and processes construction change orders.
- Provide technical assistance and consult with other departments regarding engineering functions, site development, and others.
- Provide the LWF Representative / AVH CEO with regular information and reports on the status of the various projects including progress and obstacles in implementation.
- Provide related duties as may be required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications, Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering (BSc) and a member of the Jordanian Engineers Association (registration number is required) with sound knowledge of civil, electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Good Communication skills in the English language in addition to the Arabic language, along with good writing abilities.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Confidentiality and discretion required
- Ability to work with diverse team & environment
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
- Demonstrated computer skills and design software, such as AutoCad Autodesk 3Ds Max, Sketch up and others as appropriate.
- Very good knowledge with the international and local architectural building codes, regulations, and policies.
- The ability to work under pressure involves dealing with constraints.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below