UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA’s human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. UNRWA has identified four human development goals as the focus of the Agency’s operations in committing to fostering human development of Palestine refugees by helping them to: lead long and healthy lives, acquire knowledge and skills, achieve decent standards of living and enjoy human rights to the fullest possible extent.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 4,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees.
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures:
- preparing and adjusting designs and plans to meet the client's needs and presenting these design proposals to clients
- Preparing detailed drawings, blueprints, specifications and construction documents from which costings are made.
- Dealing with problems that might come up during building.
- attending regular meetings with clients, contractors and other specialists
- coordinating along with the site manager the work of contractors
- attending regular meetings with the site manager, clients, contractors and other engineers on project
- site visits conducted along with the site manager to check on progress of works on site
- Dealing with problems that might come up during the construction.
- advising clients on the practicality of the proposed modifications for the project
- supporting the project site manager in negotiations with contractor on project details
- making sure that the project is running within the agreed time frame
- Complying with safety standards and local planning regulations.
- Determining and adhering to budgets and timelines.
Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary JD 1025.3
Other benefits include:
- ✔ Dependency Allowances payable and other benefits+ (Medical Insurance) & Currency Adjustment Factor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
A university degree in architecture.
At least five years relevant professional experience at national level.
Good knowledge of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Previous experience as an Architect in similar projects.
- Excellent technical drawing skills.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and software programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Newforma, etc.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulatory standards.
- Strong creative and visualization skills.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة