American Near East Refugee Aid
Since 1968 منذ 1968
American Near East Refugee Aid (ANERA), an International Development Assistance and Humanitarian Aid Organization is inviting applications from qualified applicants for filling the post of “Infrastructure Coordinator” for the Central West Bank Area, under the Emergency Water and Sanitation and Other Infrastructure Program. This is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for Development (USAID). The position is based at ANERA offices in Jerusalem.
• Follow up on design works with the partner engineering firms.
• Supervise the work of the site engineers to ensure progress is maintained and standards are complied with.
• Provide support to the site engineers to ensure quality control and assurance (environmental and safety on site) over their work.
• Conduct filed visits to Water and Sanitation and Other Infrastructure Program activities.
• Participate with the Area Program Manager in meeting with partner organizations, local communities
and ministry officials.
• Coordinate with the local communities to refine needs requirement.
• Participate in discussions about the designs in order to ensure that scope and standards of work are maintained and budgets are adhered to.
• Follow up on all aspects of contract administration with the contractors on site.
Educational Background and Experience Requirements:
• B.Sc degree in civil engineering or related fields.
• Strong communications skills in English and Arabic.
• 5-7 years of experience in supervising water, sanitation and infrastructure projects, preferably within an NGO environment. Past work experience with USAID grants would be an asset.
• Strong personality and experience in contract administration.
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Windows package.
• Valid Driving License.
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail their CV with a Cover Letter and References to the following e-mail address: [email protected] no later than Close of Business (CoB) on Friday, February 27, 2009. Faxed CV’s will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ANERA is an equal opportunity employer and provides a smoke-free working environment.