Are you interested in working with a high potential fast-growing start-up?
Tawazon is the first mindfulness and meditation app in Arabic.
We are shaping the mindfulness landscape for Arabic speakers globally through mindfulness practices, content and tech. Winner of the MIT Arab Start-up Competition and Hub71 Accelerator Competition, we are growing and expanding.
Role: Senior Android Developer
Responsible for developing the Tawazon application for devices powered by the Android operating system.
We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- 5+ years of android development experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Android NDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices using frameworks such as MVVM/MVC/MVP
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
Interested candidates, please share your C.V., profile and sample of work to: [email protected]