The Finance & Administration Officer will receive general guidance and day-to-day supervision from the Country Director. In general, the Finance & Administration Officer will be responsible for managing accounting and finance, human resources, facilities, and IT systems; supporting the Country Director on day-to-day management issues to achieve financial targets and ensure continued growth of all programs; and handling responsibilities as a member of the management team.
- Responsible for all field office accounting including monthly closing process, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and monthly reconciliation activities. All to be completed in a timely manner and in accordance with HQ standardized processes.
- Support development of AMIDEAST’s field office annual operating budget, rolling forecasts, and related internal management an operational reporting.
- Prepare financial reports as required for program sponsors in coordination with HQ accounting and HQ contracts and grants departments.
- Supervise Accountant and department/project staff in preparation of vouchers
- Receive daily income from West Bank offices and projects and perform reconciliation of receipts
- Ensure regular, timely bank deposits of fee-for-service revenues
- Request bank transfers as needed from HQ
- Maintain finance/accounting filing system
- Monthly book inventory count and adjustments
- Report of CBT reimbursable expenses to HQ
- Liaise with Israeli/Palestinian VAT, “Arnona”, and other tax authorities
- AMEX monthly reconciliation
- Serve as primary point of contact for internal and external audits
- Other related duties as assigned
Administrative Duties (including facilities, logistics, human resources and security)
- Supervise work of IT specialist for all equipment and IT issues in compliance with and in coordination with HQ and Regional ITOS department
- Supervise office maintenance, including cleaning and security service providers/contractors
- Serve as primary point of contact with all vendors related to office facilities and equipment
- Work with Israeli/Palestinian customs authorities and shipping companies in clearing shipments
- Procure office equipment and furniture following Amideast and U.S. Government policies
- Maintain West Bank offices’ equipment and furniture
- Oversee and monitor purchase office supplies for West Bank projects and offices
- Serve as liaison with Employee Life and Health Insurance companies; assist employees as needed with forms and records
- Serve as West Bank/Gaza security focal point for Amideast, liaising with , DCOs, Erez, Israeli Ministry of Defense, the U.S. Consulate and Embassy, AIDA, and other agencies and coordination mechanisms
- Coordinate the request and issuance of Israeli permits and visas for staff and program participants
- Translate documents and complete forms from Hebrew into English and vice versa
- Support new business development
- Manage human resource functions
- Manage office facilities and renewal of leases
- Develop customer confidence and enhances the image of Amideast
- Other related duties as assigned
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant financial discipline
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in an accounting/finance environment, including managing and supervising other employees
- Written and spoken proficiency in English - minimum TOEIC score of 850
- Experience with conducting or participating in financial audits
- Excel skills required
- Good analytical skills
- Team player with good communication and leadership skills.
- Master’s degree
- Working knowledge of the Hebrew language
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Working knowledge of financial management of non-profit organizations, including FASB and United States GAAP rules.
- Understanding of OMB Circulars A-110 and A-122
Please upload CV, coverletter, and list of references to Amideast Career page: https://jobs.amideast.org/public/jobs/2022-088P3321.htm