AMIDEAST is recruiting for a Program Assistant position in Ramallah to work on the American Spaces Program with occasional travel to Jerusalem for meetings, etc. This opportunity is a one-year (renewable) full-time contract position scheduled to begin on or around February 1, 2019.
The Program Assistant is responsible for scheduling projects and programming at America House Ramallah in coordination with the American Spaces Team at the U.S. Consulate in Jerusalem. The incumbent will respond to requests for information and promote the American Spaces brand in Ramallah and Jerusalem using social media platforms. The Program Assistant will provide on-site logistical and administrative support for all programs, and will draft weekly highlights and keep accurate statistics on activities, communicating regularly with the American Spaces Team in Jerusalem.
The yearly salary for this position is 60,000 NIS.
Qualified applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking, writing, and understanding)
- Ability to efficiently manage all program logistical requirements
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking experience and the ability to communicate effectively in writing through a wide range of media (i.e. Facebook, SMS)
- Ability to suggest, plan and execute events, including conferences, workshops, and trainings
- Strong computer skills (i.e. proficiency in Microsoft office applications like email, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Candidates for consideration for this position should have the following background:
- Minimum 2 years of college or university with some relevant work experience, or 5 years relevant experience;
- Experience or interest in community outreach and/or networking, facilitating greater civic engagement and participation at the local level
- Leadership skills, creativity, motivation and enthusiasm are a plus
- Able to work Sunday-Thursday workweek and be flexible to work evenings and weekends
- Preference will be given to applicants who are Alumni of Public Diplomacy programs
- Willing to travel as requested from America House Ramallah to Jerusalem for meetings, events and coverage
Applicants should send their C.V. , a cover letter expressing how your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for this position and contact information for at least three references to the following address- [email protected] The deadline to receive all applications for this position is close of business January 7, 2019. Applications will be considered as soon as they are received and late applications will not be considered. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.