Overview of responsibilities
The Technology Coordinator position is physically based at America House Jerusalem with an area of responsibility that includes both America House Jerusalem and America House Ramallah. This full-time position is responsible for the planning and integration of technology into American Spaces programming at both locations. S/he will conceptualize, propose, and implement recurring tech training (beginning to mid level) using a variety of hands-on methods and resources. The incumbent provides day-to-day technical support and troubleshooting as well as specialized tech support during events. Incumbent works under the direct supervision of the American Spaces Cultural Affairs Specialist and indirect supervision of the American Spaces Director.
The incumbent will suggest strategies to use technology to achieve mission goals. S/he will establish an environment that encourages the innovative use of technology and skill development. The Technology Coordinator will provide recurring and relevant training to participants using a variety of interactive platforms. The incumbent will model effective use of licensed existing technology in America House Jerusalem and Ramallah for program participants and guests based on established guidelines. S/he will facilitate the use of existing and emerging technology by staff and participants. S/he will configure local workstations and laptops as well as maintain the software library (eLibraryUSA), Open Educational Resources/Massive Open Online Courses (OERs/MOOCs), multimedia, and fabrication (MakerSpace) technology. S/he will coordinate the maintenance and ensure daily operation and management of America House technical assets. Incumbent will follow troubleshooting procedures for hardware and software, arrange for timely repair, and maintain electronic repair history files. The incumbent will provide high level customer service and respond to ‘how-to’ questions from guests, trainers, and staff as needed. Incumbent will also maintain an electronic inventory of hardware and related peripherals and perform inventories as required.
The incumbent is highly skilled in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, the internet, social media platforms, Open Educational Resources/Massive Open Online Courses (OERs/MOOCs), and multimedia and fabrication (MakersSpace) technology. S/he can troubleshoot most computer, network, and/or A/V equipment problems, train and mentor participants, staff, and guests in basic technology skills.
S/he can provide mid- to expert level guidance and troubleshooting support to America House staff and liaise with external repair partners as necessary
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, mechatronics engineering or any related field, preference given to those with a Master’s degree and/or holders of industry recognized technical certificates and/or vendor certification.
Required technical skills:
- Experience working with Apple computers - MacOS and PCs - Windows operating system
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software
- Basic knowledge of Arduino micro-controllers, and Arduino programming
- Basic knowledge of Lego Mindstorms EV3 programming (robotics)
- Basic knowledge of CAD/CAM, working with 3D printers
- Familiarity in any 3D design software e.g. TinkerCad.com
- Candidates should be able to implement training in at least 3 of the above-mentioned subjects
- Advantages: familiarity with Canva, Kahoot, Survey Monkey, Adobe Photoshop, social media, and/or video editing tools
Prior work experience:
Incumbent must have five years of progressively responsible experience in managing a computer network, troubleshooting, and user training. Experience working with non-governmental or international organizations or government institutions highly desirable.
Language proficiency: professional fluency in English and Arabic required.
- thorough knowledge of correspondence and style manuals and secretarial/clerical practices and procedures
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze a problem, identify a solution, and clearly communicate it to responsible parties
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and professional working relationships with visitors, partner institutions and their staff members, and U.S. Embassy colleagues
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of both education and technology
- Ability to work with both people and technology
- High level customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with people as part of a team
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to consistently and effectively organize, manages, and execute programs
- Mid- to expert level experience in troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Ability to communicate effectively in English in written and oral form, including official correspondence
- Ability to manage time, priorities, and work requirements effectively, and to coordinate work with supervisors and colleagues
Application Deadline: October 8, 2022 -- CV, Cover Letter, and 3 recommendations required