I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt) in May 2007. ACTED is currently implementing projects covering multiple humanitarian / development sectors, funded by of a variety of international donors, which aim at protecting vulnerable households and strengthening civil society actors across the oPt. ACTED oPt offers a dynamic, rigorous and knowledge-orientated working environment.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. ACTED currently seeks an Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer for its humanitarian and developmetns projects in West Bank.
“ACTED has a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH) and ensures that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited. All candidates will be subject to satisfactory references and screening checks in line with legal requirements. Any candidate offered a job will sign ACTED’s Code of Conduct and related policies as part of their work contract. All staff are expected to abide by the standards of behaviour outlined in those documents.”
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Systems:
- Technical and Systems Development
- Contribute to the development and updating of the consolidated MEAL work plan and MEAL frameworks for all ongoing projects;
- Implement the MEAL policies and procedures as described in the ACTED MEAL standard guidelines and make sure that the tools are followed as applicable;
- Contribute to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
- AME Implementation
- Develop the ToRs and mission plans and carry out assessments, monitoring and evaluations (baselines, mid-terms, endlines) as reflected in the ToR and mission plan;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews) and data/information dissemination/utilization plans;
- Closely assist and/or supervise data collection activities, manage efficiently large monitoring data sets, including supervising and/or performing data entry;
- Perform and/or supervise field staff during monitoring missions and/or needs’ assessments, with transparency, accuracy and timeliness;
- Maintain electronic and/or paper-based MIS systems for tracking and reporting all quantitative data and information including reporting on ACTED’s 16 global strategic program indicators;
- Analyze MEAL data and produce reports, factsheets with useful statistical analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Measure and report on qualitative and quantitative input, process, output, outcome, impact, objective, and goal-level performance indicators for all projects;
- Participate in project evaluations, including final evaluations;
- Provide the needed data to be used in preparation of reports to donors and other stakeholders, or the data to donor proposals and fundraising efforts as required;
- Provide MEAL related capacity building and awareness to implementing partners and other institutions supported by ACTED as appropriate;
- Represent ACTED in different forums on MEAL related issues when required.
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- Collect, document and share the lessons learnt and best practices on time and ensure that the knowledge gained contributes to the improvement of projects and influence the strategic development of future projects and activities.
Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism
- Contributing to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with ACTED standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Record and forward all complaints and suggestions received while in the field to the MEAL Manager;
- Build capacity and understanding among ACTED staff, partners and contractors on beneficiary accountability and CRM.
- Participate in MEAL-related conferences and workshops when possible and stay up to date of best practices and new knowledge created in the field of MEAL;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in NGO management, Sociology, Community development,political science or related field.
- At least 3-5 years work experience in similar position in INGOs/NGOs.
- Previous experience with humaintrain field, Community development, economic/agricultural development and/or Participatory Appraisal methodology
- Excellent oral communication, writing and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management and the Logical Framework
- Good organizational and communication skills, in particular with rural communities
- Good in time management, and ability to work under pressure
- Good coordination skills with staff from different departments and good multi-tasking skills
- Accurate, reliable, open-minded ,professional attitude and ability to work in a team
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and meet deadlines effectively
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge
- Capable in planning and problem solving, Astute critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills, Microsoft programs especially Excel, prefer to have knowledge in SPSS and in open-source softwares for collecting, managing, and using data (such as ODK or KoBo).
- Valid Driving license with clean record is compulsory.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, spoken and written, including correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 10th February , 2023 to: [email protected] indicating the position (MEAL Officer) in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and written exam.
Att: Human Resources Department