Position: AME Intern
Contract duration: 6 months
Location: Ramallah / Palestine
Starting Date ASAP
I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is an international NGO registered in France. ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations affected by wars, natural disasters and/or economic and social crises, and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED started its activities in the occupied Palestinian territory in May 2007, through food security interventions in the West Bank and then in Gaza. ACTED is currently implementing projects funded among others by ECHO, OCHA, EU Member States and EuropeAid, which aim to protect vulnerable households in the West Bank and Gaza and to strengthen civil society actors across the occupied Palestinian territory.
In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank and Gaza.
“ACTED has a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH) and ensures that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited. All candidates will be subject to satisfactory references and screening checks in line with legal requirements. Any candidate offered a job will sign ACTED’s Code of Conduct and related policies as part of their work contract. All staff are expected to abide by the standards of behaviour outlined in those documents.”
- Support the implementation of solid AME systems and mechanisms that are in line with the global AME procedures and deliver effective research/outputs so to inform timely decision making and the adoption of sound corrective measures.
- Felicitate the implementation of AME monitoring procedures in a reliable, accurate and transparent manner, including collecting primary and secondary data.
- Support the documentation process of the lessons learnt and best.
- Contribue to the effective functioning of beneficiary complaints and response mechanism.
- To support the AME team to implement the AME policies and procedures as described in the ACTED AME standard guidelines;
- To facilitate AME data collection and assessment activities, surveys, focus group discussions, key informant interviews, as well as other types of assessments and data collection that is required;
- To enter all field data into appropriate databases on an accurate and timely basis;
- To support in Cross-checking the accuracy of data entry;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learnt when a project closes or as required;
- To record and forward all complaints and suggestions received while in the field to the AME Officer.
- Collect high-resolution and good quality photos of ACTED project activities in the field, featuring donor, partner and ACTED logos, and delivery photos to the AME Officer (in line with ACTED’s Child Protection Policy and Photo Guidelines).
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Economics, Demographics, Sociology, Community development, political science or related field.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent verbal and listening communications skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Very organized and structured.
- Very Good in Arabic and English, spoken and written.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good attitude and ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to improve skills and knowledge.
- Vaid driving Lisence is preferred.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV (in English) no later than 31/01/2023 to: [email protected] indicating the position (AME Intern) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Att: Human Resources Department