SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
Child Safeguarding Commitment:
SOS Children’s Villages works with children’s and youth. Any applicant he/she should act in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and neglect, and will keep data about the children and youth in SOS Children’s Villages programmes confidential. He/she will report all concerns regarding actual or potential child abuse, mistreatment or any other violation of the Child Protection Policy according to our reporting and responding system. For sure, He/she would be protected and supported by the organization.
Under the leadership of the National Programme Development Director (NPDD), the National Alternative Care Advisor (NACA) drives programme development in the field of Alternative Care in line with the “Vision, Mission, Values”, that includes programme participants who are children, young people and caregivers. The Brand and approved strategies, policies and plans of the organisation and national legislation. As a member of the national programme development department, she/he contributes to setting and reaching the strategic objectives and targets of the MA in the area of Alternative Care and development to the existing structure of the programme in both locations, the West Bank Programme and the Gaza Strip Programme, the NACA monitors and evaluates progress towards achieving set targets in regards of a number of areas, (1) the Children’s Alternative Care Programme, (2) the Youth Alternative Care Programme, (3) the Integrated Children Programme. The type of services delivered to each programme participants and the empowerment delivered to the partners and to the families of the children. She/he provides technical expertise and content-wise leads SOS Children’s Village Programme Directors and Programme Coordinators in planning, implementing and the monitoring of the Alternative Care services and the cooperation with the MoSD. The NACA will also be responsible for ensuring full compliance with quality standards in the area of Child Safeguarding (CSG), ensuring full compliance with the updated SOS Children’s Villages standards within the country context. Content wise, the NACA receives guidance from the regional Alternative Care Unit. As a member of the regional EUCM network the NACA shares good practices and experiences with colleagues from other MAs.
- SOS Children’s Village Programme Directors and Programme Unit Managers/leaders in the area of Alternative Care
- National Programme Development Director.
- Regional Alternative Care Unit Head and the CSG Advisors.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Under the leadership of the NPDD and in cooperation with the International Regional Office (IOR) contribute to annual and strategic planning and monitoring of progress towards targets;
- Under the leadership of NPDD and in cooperation with other Programme Advisors, actively contributes to putting the SOS Care Promise and related policies into practice taking into consideration national legislation and context;
- Ensures full cooperation and collaboration with the National Child Safeguarding Advisor;
- Supports NPDD in carrying out CRSAs and feasibility studies and participates in the development of concept notes and programme proposals for approval by GSC;
- Develops holistic and prescriptive analytics on the existing and potential key stakeholders, the level of engagement form the community, the partners, the MoSD and any other area as relevant;
- Provides technical expertise to the NPDD and CVPD when setting up new programme services and interventions in a location;
- Supports NPDD, CVPD, Programme unit managers in locations in applying for public funds;
- Provides content wise guidance to programme unit managers in the locations in planning, budgeting, and reporting of programme interventions;
- Leads specific programme development projects as assigned by the NPDD;
Quality Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Jointly with other PD Advisors, supports NPDD in the development and establishment of a national association quality management system.
- Supports CVPD and Programme unit managers in location in implementing quality standards.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and progress of programme interventions and projects, including through project visits, internal audits, and review of and feedback to project reports, statistics, and self-evaluation results to ensure that interventions are in line with organisational plans, standards, and policies, and with national legislation.
- Supports regional quality audits and external evaluations. Advises and supports the implementation of recommendations.
Human Resources Development
- Supports CVPD in the effective implementation of the HR cycle related to programme unit managers. Participates in the recruitment and on-boarding of programme staff and any other staff on a national level, as well as provides input into annual performance appraisals, and proposed staff development measures for the Alternative Care units’ managers;
- Organises or provides joint training for staff from different locations. Ensures knowledge exchange between staff working in different locations, including through meetings;
- Advises and monitors implementation of appropriate staffing standards and structures in line with quality standards in close cooperation with National HR Director.
Research and Knowledge Management
- Documents and distributes lessons learned and good practices to support organisational learning on national, regional and international level.
- Participates on behalf of MA in the regional network and contributes to regional projects.
- Participates on behalf of the MA in international/national studies and research projects.
Partnership building and Advocacy
- Supports NPDD, CVPD and Programme units’ managers in the location in building strong links and cooperation with national government and local authorities, as well as other stakeholders to enhance programme development.
- Joins relevant networks, platforms, campaigns, working groups and advocates on behalf of the organisation for the promotion and protection of children’s rights, especially on issues linked to children at risk of losing the care of their families or children without parental care.
- Participates in relevant national/international conferences.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Supports NPDD, CVPD and Programme units’ managers in organising relevant preventive actions addressing existing and possible CS risks as identified by the CS risk assessment.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Competencies for the position:
- University degree in psycho-social or educational science.
- Working experience of minimum 5 years in relevant fields of psycho-social-educational programmes or child care.
- Motivation for work in environment with the children and youth as final beneficiaries.
- Good command of English, written and spoken.
- Advanced knowledge of professional care quality standards and developments in psycho-social fields.
- Knowledge of human rights and rights-based approaches in the development of programmes.
- Advanced knowledge of child’s rights.
- Experience in project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Good knowledge of local professional psycho-social network.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Will and ability to cope with flexible working hours.
- Ability to work under high pressure.
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Sunday 25/04/2021.
Indicating in the subject line: NACA
Only short listed candidates will be contacted Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.