MA'AN Development Center is seeking to fill the two vacant positions of a full time Agronomists/ Plant Production in south of WB
MA'AN Development Center is seeking to recruit an experienced, qualified, and dynamic candidates who can supports the Department of Foreign affairs, Trade, and Development (DFATD) funded project. “Building Farmers’ Resilience and Increasing Protection and Access to Agricultural Assets in Vulnerable Area C Communities “. The Project seeks to reduce suffering, maintain human dignity, and save lives among vulnerable and marginalized farmers and herders in Area C of the West Bank by improving their access to protection and vital agricultural inputs such as access to land, water, and fodder.
Position title: Agronomists - Plant Production
Location: Hebron and Bethlehem.
Reports to: Project Manager and Project Area/Field coordinator
Position type and duration: Full time 14 months
The agronomist will be responsible for supervision, on field coordination, and ensuring smooth implementation of the project. The project activities include land and Vineyard’s rehabilitation, rehabilitation of Livestock sheds, rehabilitation of cisterns, rehabilitation of agricultural roads, rehabilitation of springs, construction of water reservoirs, distribution of resistant pastoral seeds and following up with workshops & technical training courses and other soft components.
In addition, he /she will assist in formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of the project to ensure sustainability, efficiency and effectiveness of the project, as well as delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct regular field visits and supervision of the project implementation activities. This includes (quality control of deliverables, quantities follow up, work documentation and other related tasks).
- Participate in drafting projects documents such as official communications letters, Term of References, tenders, budgets, cash flows and schedules.
- Supervise and provide technical advice suppliers and the workforce. Supervise on daily basis the skilled and unskilled workers and contractors.
- Coordinate with MA’AN staff to ensure smooth implementation of activities planned; including coordinate for the field visits requested by the Project Area/Field coordinator, coordination with stakeholders, identifying targeted communities and need assessments.
- Preparing progress reports and success stories as requested.
- Ensure that all documents related to the above-mentioned tasks are complete and available.
- Other tasks within the job title qualifications as required by MA’AN work (assessments, external contacts and/or representation)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Plant Production and Protection);
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of fieldwork with the focus of improving local food security, and in the implementation of agricultural projects and preferable experience in Cash for Work.
- Experience in train and supervise to the small-scale livestock breeders and mixed farming households.
- Knowledge of herding and Bedouin communities in Area C of West Bank (Bethlehem, Hebron, Governorates).
- Experience in working with NGOs and CBOs.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
- Excellent networking and coordination skills.
- Professional level in both Arabic & English language skills.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English & Arabic.
- Good Computer skills including Excel and MS-Project.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following steps:
- Download / Save as the MA'AN employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
- Fill in the MA'AN employment application that you downloaded from step 1 and save the document with the name of the applicant and the position.
- Fill in the form with the required information using the following link: https://forms.gle/v7uYBtfPpFDpPBGm9
- Attach the MA’AN employment application that you filled from step 2 in the form that you have to fill in step 3 .
Applications will not be considered if the MA’AN employment application is not attached to the form in step 4 .
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 3 February 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
MA'AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for all position.