Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization representing the Catholic Church's socio-pastoral services in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Agronomist
Contract Period: 12 months, with the possibility of extension(s).
Location: Beit Jala
Starting date: No later than August 15th, 2021.
The agronomist will be responsible for the supervision, coordination, and ensuring smooth implementation of the ongoing projects. The projects include land spring and Agri-roads rehabilitation and workshops with technical training courses.
In addition, he/she will supervise the tasks and activities conducted by the community, assisting the department head in his duties, keeping track of the project activities according to the logical framework.
- Conduct regular field visits and supervision of the project’s implementation activities.
- Supervise daily the skilled and unskilled workers and contractors.
- Supervise and guide suppliers and the workforce.
- Participate in drafting projects documents such as official communications letters, Term of References, project proposals, RFP's, tenders, budgets, cash flows, and schedules.
- Write and submit the required reports related to the implemented projects.
- Coordinate internally with Caritas staff to ensure smooth implementation of activities planned.
- Coordinate externally with beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely data collection and filing of documents related to the above activities.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the set-up M&E plan.
- Perform other duties as may be requested by the Head of Development Department.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required education and competencies:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Agronomy or other relevant fields;
- 3-5 years of experience working in the agricultural sector, land rehabilitation, preferably with NGOs;
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in Agroecological techniques and practices.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office package;
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision;
- Willingness and skills to work as a team member.
- Commitment to CJ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
- With great attention to detail and a results-driven approach;
- With excellent Arabic and English skills
- Candidates must have a valid driving license.
- Preference will be given to Bethlehem area residents.
- Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
- Maintain a positive teamwork attitude.
- Eager to learn and adapt.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in work.
How to apply:
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to [email protected]and Carbon Copy (CC) to [email protected] by no later than 4:00 pm, 30th July 2021. Please indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.
Please note that candidates who meet the requirements mentioned above will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.