Job title Agribusiness Financial Analyst
Location West Bank & Gaza
Dr. Sbaihat for Agricultural Development
“Rooted in Palestine Cultivated Globally”
Dr. Sbaihat for Agricultural Development is an entrepreneurial enterprise, which valorizes agricultural inherited knowledge and cutting edge scientific breakthroughs and technology. And we aim at merging that trough innovation and technology transfer. Our mission is bridging science, cutting edge technology, innovation, environmental responsibility, cultural heritage and humanitarian values for sustainable holistic development.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
For an internationally funded development project in the West Bank and Gaza focusing on optimizing agricultural water use, Dr. Sbaihat for Agricultural Development are seeking an Agribusiness Financial Analyst. Her/his key responsibility is to provide analytical and technical analysis and recommendations on agribusiness development, and the functioning of market and finance institutions for the formulation, implementation and evaluation of investment policies and projects in sustainable smart farming technologies and practices in the West Bank and Gaza.
- Desk review of macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions about the agricultural and water sectors in the West Bank and Gaza (Stakeholders, policies and regulations, constraints and opportunities, prospects…);
- Ground data-based review and analysis about the Market Systems Dynamics (sustainable on-farm and large-scale practices and technologies in agriculture and water sectors) after Participating in field investigation meetings, interviews focus group discussions with various market actors including government decision makers, farmers and farming communities, input and hardware suppliers and financial organizations;
- Recommendations on investment opportunities in sustainable on-farm and large-scale practices and technologies and financial models’ development for a selection of technologies and practices.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in Agribusiness, Business Administration, Economics, or Financial analysis.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in managing and implementing market systems interventions and/or Investment analysis for large projects
- Understanding of Market system development approaches and market analysis, especially in the agricultural sector in Palestine.
- Deep understanding of the interplay between key agricultural market actors like financial service providers (MFI, Banks, and insurers), input suppliers, producers, traders, intermediary and terminal markets, governance frameworks (formal and informal); and all support markets and functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
-LEO: 20 days
-Duration: From October to January
-Zone of Duty: West Bank and Gaza
The consultation requires geographical mobility for the field investigations and meetings; All costs will be covered by the project.