Job Title: Advocacy Officer
Community Action Center (CAC) is one of Al-Quds University’s institutions in the old city of Jerusalem, founded to help empower Jerusalemites who are suffering from the oppressive policies of the Israeli occupation.
At CAC, we aim at empowering Palestinians in Jerusalem through a variety of social and legal services. We provide pro-bono legal counseling and full representation to victims of residency revocation, child registration restrictions, and family unification restrictions as well as victims of Israel’s home demolition policy.
In January 2016, CAC established an international advocacy unit that aims at using international legal mechanisms to advocate on behalf of victims of human rights and international humanitarian law violations in Jerusalem. Our advocacy has focused on Israel’s policies of forced displacement and collective punishment.
CAC is now hiring an Advocacy Officer, which is the leading figure in our international advocacy unit. The job involves drafting and editing international advocacy documents, networking with partner organizations, representing the center in international advocacy missions in the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva, working with international interns and volunteers, fundraising, coordinating events and other tasks.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required skills and knowledge for the position:
1. At least an undergraduate degree in human rights, international relations, law or any other relevant social sciences field.
2. Excellent oral and written language skills in both English and Arabic. Knowledge of Hebrew and other additional languages is preferred but not required.
3. Creativity and resourcefulness in the development of advocacy activities and tools.
4. Strategic thinking that can develop concrete action plans that are relevant for vision, goals and objectives of the center.
5. Organizational skills including being able to set priorities and meet deadlines.
6. Proficiency in using websites, social media and other web-based tools.
Who are we really looking for?
We are looking for a hardworking self-motivated leader who will help develop our international advocacy unit and lead the advocacy team to defend victims of human rights violations in Jerusalem creatively. If you feel you can be that person, please follow the instructions below.
Those interested to apply for this opening should kindly send their (1) CV (including contact information to academic or professional references) and a (2) cover letter (max 800 words in English) that describes the applicant’s motivation to apply to this job as well as any other relevant information to the following e-mail addresses: (1) [email protected] (2) [email protected] by 21/05/2021
CAC reserves the right to only contact a short-listed group of applicants for interview.