Established in 1958, the Union of Charitable Societies - Jerusalem (UCS) is the first National Palestinian non-profit and independent UCS of non-governmental charitable and developmental associations. The UCS has approximately 150 member organizations in Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, and Ramallah.
The UCS’s vision is to build an effective civil society contributing to sustainable national development. We are a national UCS leading civil society organizations and working to improve the capacities and services of our member societies through providing a range of specialized and quality services that advances Palestinian civil society and contributes to sustainable development. The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following posts:
Position number: R.M/6/2018
The primary purpose of this role is to work with the resource mobilization unit to raise the public profile of the UCS and its members through ongoing publication of press releases and social media posts, assisting in the development and implementations of UCS-wide communication protocols, developing and maintaining relationships with local and national media outlets, and assisting in the promotion of the UCS’s values, mandate, and accomplishments. Additionally, this position entails strengthening the communication pathways between the UCS and its members.
- Organization of publicity, advocacy, knowledge-sharing events and promotional opportunities. Provision of logistics support to the events.
- Review of reference materials, identification of reference materials for retention.
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources;
- Create and maintain an up-to-date database of local, national, and international media outlets.
- Prepare all press releases and social media posts in English and Arabic.
- Maintain and promote the branding of the UCS in all of its public affairs.
- Support in the creation and implementation of a communications manual with protocols and procedures for the UCS.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of the activities of the UCS and its members to record and publish.
- Ongoing communication with UCS members and the community in order to highlight their work and accomplishments.
- Prepare newsletters for members and partners on the ongoing activities of the UCS.
- Produce advertisements/short films/presentations to increase visibility of the UCS.
- Document through professional photos and video the ongoing activities of the UCS.
- Maintenance of photo library.
- Maintain the digital environment of the UCS to ensure effective use of Website and other social media.
- Prepare communication reports for the Programs and projects Management Team.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university in journalism, English literature, marketing, or communications.
- At least 2 years’ experience in communications or journalism or a related field
- Knowledge of the Development field in Palestine.
- Self-starter with initiative and drive and ability to think creatively and identify opportunities
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in both English and Arabic
- The ability to write clearly and concisely about complex issues.
- Proven experience in photography/film making.
- Public speaking/presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their resumes along with cover letter, detailing relevant experience and code of position via e-mail to [email protected]
NB: Applications from women are strongly encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.