The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a Palestinian grassroots non-governmental organization working since 1981 with and for Palestinian women oppressed by the Israeli occupation and marginalized by Palestinian patriarchal society. PWWSD seeks to empower women in privet sphere as well as in public sphere. Also it works to improve the mental health of Palestinian women through psychosocial services including group and individual counselling and to provide women with the resources they need to combat gender-based violence, empower themselves politically, economically and socially, and transform their society to on that is inclusive, egalitarian and democratic. PWWSD takes a gender-responsive, rights based approach, particularly regarding international human rights. PWWSD has extensively engaged youth and working women, as well as rural women, as critical allies in lobbying duty bearers to promote gender equality. Furthermore, PWWSD engages women in advancing women agenda for peace and security in accordance to the International Humanitarian Law.
PWWSD works across all governorates in the West Bank and Gaza with its main office in Ramallah, and community centers in Bethlehem, Nablus, Jenin, Tulkarem and Gaza.
PWWSD is seeking to recruit full-time Advocacy and Public Relations Officer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of advocacy messages in close collaboration and consultation with the program team and rights-holders.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of national and global advocacy and communications strategies at the political and policy levels and in line with PWWSD’s thematic areas: Women Economic and Political Empowerment, Women Peace and Security, and Gender-based Violence.
- In close consultation with PWWSD senior management, draft researches, human-rights related reports, submissions, complains and urgent appeals for advocacy purposes.
- Coordinate and network with national and global networks and organizations and advance the scope of PWWSD’s relations, to promote the vision of PWWSD in line with its strategic plans.
- Support and contribute to developing the capacities of partner organization to develop and implement gender-equality and women empowerment advocacy campaigns.
- Draft advocacy-related concept papers and contribute to developing concepts in close cooperation with the Program and Development Managers.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Post graduate degree in human rights, democracy, gender and development, International law, International Relations, or any related field in social sciences.
- At least 5 years’ experience in public relations, advocacy and communication, media, human rights, and / or gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in working with non-governmental organizations in Palestine.
- Relevant professional experience in research and report writing.
- Experience in designing and implementing advocacy initiatives.
Skills and Competencies:
- Report writing in both languages (ENG-AR).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of national laws and legislation.
- Good knowledge of international human rights mechanisms.
- Strong interest, knowledge and commitment to feminist visions and gender equality.
- Strategic thinking and media and advocacy techniques.
- Leadership, communication and management skills.
- Strong ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism.
- Excellent knowledge in using computer software including Microsoft and on-line tools
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed and up-to-date CV in English with a cover letter (not exceeding one page). The letter should include the applicant's expectations of the position and how his/her qualifications relate to the vacancy. Please submit your applications to (PWWSD) at: Email: [email protected].
Please indicate the job title that candidates are applying for in the email subject. Applications that do not indicate the job title will not be considered. Please submit the application by 4 August, 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Short listed candidates will be expected to attend a written exam and an interview.