Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office an
Advocacy and Communication Specialist
For a period of 12 months
The Candidate will be responsible for:
- Develop Action Against Hunger West Bank communication plan.
- Support the Head of Base in regular communication and involvement between Action Against Hunger main partners and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the preparation of Action Against Hunger advocacy communication materials (Factsheets, newsletters, social media posts, audio-visual) highlighting Action Against Hunger work relevant for any obligations and opportunities (e.g., projects’ requirements, international days) including fundraising purposes.
- Guide advocacy strategy development and implementation at base level in coordination with Head of Base and Advocacy Coordinator, ensuring views of Action Against Hunger are represented and included.
- Responsible for advocacy initiatives at base level when appropriate and provide strong support to the field teams with regards to the implementation of the new ways of working of the organizations by consolidating the linkage between advocacy and operations department.
- Ensure the coherent contribution of the base advocacy activities to the mission and global advocacy initiatives of the Action Network Against Hunger.
- Support the Head of Base in facilitating diplomatic and donors’ visits and prepare relevant documents.
- Attend external meetings or projects related community meetings upon the Head of Base request.
- Provide talking points and key messages to the Head of Base and Project Staff for key advocacy events and meetings.
- Provide regular updates to Head of Base to inform appropriate decision-making processes.
- Prepare quarterly advocacy reports on implementation of the strategy.
- Inform logistics of any security problem encountered in the implementation of the advocacy activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Law, Social Studies, International Relations or any related field. Master’s degree is preferable.
- Excellent analytical skills and the capability to work in a precise, structured, and detailed manner.
- Must have strong drafting and verbal communications skills; research and analytical skills; ability to manage competing deadlines and priorities.
- Reporting skills.
- Must have a strong knowledge of the information management, design of questionnaires.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in advocacy and communications and in humanitarian and/or development aid.
- Experience in working with international development agencies in oPt context, and Local Governmental Units (village councils and municipalities). Experience in project management is a plus.
- Knowledge in humanitarian and development programming.
- Experience of complex humanitarian and protection contexts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including training, capacity building and presentation skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work in complex environments with challenges.
- Valid driving license and proven driving skills.
- Solid understanding of the political and humanitarian context of the oPt
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking both Arabic and English.
- MS Microsoft including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook.
- Ability to travel in West Bank and stay overnight.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 16/12/2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.