MA’AN DEVELOPMENT CENTER
MA'AN is an independent Palestinian development and training organization established in January 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
Through this project, MA’AN Development is currently looking for suitable candidates to fill in the position of ADVOCACY & COMMUNICATION OFFICER (Full Time) in its office in Gaza Strip. The aim of this position is to support MA’AN advocacy and communications activities in and regarding the Gaza Strip.
- Support the formulation and implementation of MA’AN communications and advocacy strategies
- Organization of publicity, advocacy, knowledge-sharing events and promotional opportunities. Provision of logistics support to the events.
- Facilitate the development of joint advocacy strategies with partners
- Develop strategic partnerships with key actors to achieve MA’AN policy goals;
- Support the formulation and implementation of the project publications policy; provides inputs, content development, coordination of production and dissemination of press releases, publications, articles and sharing of project knowledge and successes.
- Coordinate production of a diverse range of information products including audio/visual communications, when needed to achieve specific policy goals;
- Ensure timely development of position papers, policy briefings, presentations and other advocacy materials and communication media;
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources;
- Liaise with media outlets to ensure that the appropriate information and messages are reaching the public, including preparing press releases.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase and improve public outreach
- Provide logistical and other support to visits by parliamentary, delegations and others.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field.
- Minimum of-five years of progressively responsible experience in advocacy and campaigning, especially within development organizations.
- Knowledge of different aspects of public information and communication.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement major information campaigns.
- Ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and cultivate productive relationships.
- Ability to produce a variety of written and visual communications products in a clear, concise style.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating work.
- Manages conflict.
- Fluency in English both oral and written is required.
- Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources.
- Knowledge of International Law and Human Rights issues
- Photography skills
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for three references by email to
Please ensure that you state the title of the post that you are applying for as subject of your email. Deadline for submission must be delivered before 04:00 PM on Sunday 8th September 2019.