Sustainable Change for Development (SCD) is a non-profit, non -governmental organization founded in 2019 by a group of Palestinian civil society activists, who are committed to pave the road to achieve democracy, development and peace for the people of Palestine.
SCD will function through a series of interventions aimed at establishing mutual understanding, concerns and co-working to obtain a sustainable solution for a productive and healthy environment.
SCD strives to promote and enhance democratic values; support the state-building readiness; engage in psychosocial and environmental interventions; build the Palestinian society's capacity; and empower youth, women and civil peace culture. In addition, it seeks to act as a catalyst for non-violent communication among the Palestinian society stakeholders.
SCD working towards social justice, freedom and national independence.
SCD encourages participation in decision-making processes, where it creates opportunities for youth and women, by utilizing the expertise of Palestinian practitioners, scholars, experts, and academics. Consequently, they can contribute to promoting and advancing of key sectors in Palestine such as governance, planning, environment, economy, in addition to empowering youth and women while envisioning an independent, peaceful, environmentally clean, democratic, secular and prosperous State of Palestine.
Social and psychological workers, youth, women, and families.
The Psychological Mask Initiative, launched and carried out by SCD in 2021, aimed to raise awareness on the psychosocial effects of Covid-19 pandemic, including gender-based abuse (GBV), online harassment, and societal violence, as well as reducing the stigma associated with Mental Health issues within the Palestinian society. The Initiative, Psychological Mask launched and conducted by SCD in 2021, was accompanied with a campaign to raise awareness on psychosocial effects of the corona pandemic, such as GBV, online harassments and societal violence and reducing the stigma on the Mental Health topic withing the Palestinian society.
A series of workshops on various topics conducted with social and psychological workers from local and international organizations, such as CBOs from the Nablus region and the nearby refugee camps and UNRWA successively, has shown that the need for continuing this initiative and upgrading it to an ongoing program is high. As a kick-off activity, the initiative aimed to start the MHPSS awareness campaign by opening a public discussion. Additionally, the campaign was intended to collect data and conduct a needs assessment from PSS workers that participate in workshops and trainings offered by the SCD, as well as from their work in the field, both through gaining information and feedback from their work with their target groups and their reflections and feedback from the SCD workshops.
This data will be collected, reviewed, and used as an important resource to adjust, plan, and evaluate the upcoming activities in the future. This will contribute to a more comprehensive response to the current situation, helping to reduce violence and help people connect with each other, particularly in the North of the West Bank. MHPSS experts' self-care was vitally assessed as a necessity to boost their capacities and empower them to provide support to their beneficiaries.
Based on the feedback and recommendations from the participants, this proposal was designed based on the need to continue and expand the program, The Phycological Mask, to enable more PSS workers in the region to enhance the quality of their work with their target groups.
The project is carried out in cooperation with the GIZ Civil Peace Service program “Defragmentation of society and prevention of violence through culture and sports in the context of Palestine refugees”.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Ensure effective financial management system in accordance with SCD’s policies and procedures
- Overseeing the overall administration and logistics management at SCD Office
- To act as the HR focal person and ensure compliance of SCD’s policies and procedures
- Monitor partners to ensure their financial integrity.
- Ensure quality and timely reporting of partner’s financial expenditure and to ensure all finance documentation are appropriately filed on soft and hard copy.
- Leading and organizing procurement in accordance with the procurement procedsures.
- Supervise the billing, financial books and accounting entries processes.
- Supervise the use of assets and its management.
- Prepare the needed financial reports for organization.
- Personnel management, including employment applications, contracting, permanence, holidays, leaves, allowances, and overseeing the development of personnel documents.
- Networking with suppliers.
- Participation in staff evaluation committees.
- Ensure the application of the financial and administrative regulations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the code of conduct and safe guarding policy.
- Provide the General Manager with all financial and administrative reports to facilitate decision-making.
- Participate in developing the organization’s budget and project budgets.
- Check all expenditures and revenues, and inform the General Manager through periodic reports.
- Supervise the application of incentives and penalties.
- Other duties delegated by the General Manager.
- Reports directly to the General Manager.
Qualifications and required skills
- Bachelor in Finance and banking, business administration, English, public administration, or any related specialization.
- Practical experience of not less than three years as administrative and/or financial Officer.
- To prepare financial documents supported by experience in similar projects.
- Proven experience in communicating with the public.
- Advanced skills in computer use and applications.
- Advanced capabilities to work with a team.
- Ability to withstand working pressure.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Advanced skill in management.
- Proven experience on archiving and preservation of files.
- Knowledge of coordinating activities.
- English language proficiency.
- Advanced writing skills.
- Ability to communicate information effectively
- Commitment to providing quality results and service
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining collaborative relationships
- Ability to think clearly, deeply, and broadly
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and demonstrating a high level of accountability
- Receptive to feedback and committed to learning for growth and development
Reporting and follow-up system
The administrative and financial Officer prepares a periodic report submitted directly to the General Manager, and consider observations and feedback on the report within the following time frame:
- Prepare the weekly report, including summarizing all activities, networking and follow up through the week and deliver it by the end of every Thursday.
Prepare a monthly achievement reports, monitoring the progress of the project, the most important obstacles faced in the performance of their duties, and any development proposals within their functions.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following email address: [email protected] including a CV and a one-page cover letter, no later than 27.06.2022 at latest by 16:00pm Jerusalem time. The subject of the E-mail must mention the position of Administrator/Financial officer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.