Chemonics International seeks a Gaza-based Administrative Officer for a newly awarded, USAID-funded project promoting economic growth in the West Bank and Gaza through expanded economic development, trade, commerce, and applied research. The five-year project has three main objectives:
- Objective 1: Facilitate Cooperative Exchange and Knowledge Sharing
- Objective 2: Foster New Markets
- Objective 3: Enhance the Capacity of Targeted Entities
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for supporting the Gaza-based team in administering and managing all office-administrative issues including, but not limited to, office management, travel and logistics assistance, correspondence, office organization and archiving. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with administrative-related USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics’ policies and procedures.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Specific roles and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Support Gaza team in all administrative tasks within the project
- Maintain administrative systems, including but not limited to communication logs, filing systems, and budget trackers
- Follow up with project stakeholders as required, prepare project correspondence, file all relevant hard- and e-copy correspondence, and facilitate communication between the Ramallah project office and Chemonics’ D.C. office
- Assist with any needed information for subaward and personnel vetting, in compliance with Mission Order 21
- Act as a receptionist when required, and receive office visitors and field phone calls
- Ensure office consumables are available and supplies are properly stocked
- Assist in the production of reports and presentation materials as needed
- Help coordinate procurement needs, such as project goods and services, ordering of supplies for the office, and inventory tracking
- Assist with project financial matters including coordinating of invoices from subcontractors and assisting with financial reporting for project grantees as required
- Assist the project technical staff, external consultants, and project stakeholders/beneficiaries in arranging travel/transportation for all project-related travel
- Coordinate the logistics for all project events, including conferences, workshops, and trainings
- Record meeting minutes at project staff meetings
- Provide any other administrative support to the Gaza Team Lead, Gaza-based Community Coordination Officer, and staff based in Ramallah including the Director of Operations and technical project staff members
- Other duties as assigned
Basic qualifications include:
- 2 years’ experience providing HR, administrative, finance, and other logistical support
- High school diploma required
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment and to interact positively with a wide range of stakeholders within an international context
- Fluency in Arabic required and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous USAID or other international donor experience preferred
To apply, please complete the form online through Apply Now-button below
by October 26, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.