Digital West Bank & Gaza (P174355)
Sub-component 3.3- First Phase of an e-Government Procurement System
Terms of References
Administrative Officer as part of the Project Implementation Team in the High Council for Public Procurement Policies
The Palestinian Liberation Organization has received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA) in the amount of USD 20 million for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority (PA) to finance the Digital West Bank & Gaza Project (the Project). The Project will seek to produce concrete and tangible results for the Palestinians through increased access to high-speed broadband services and increased access to selected e-services to citizens and businesses. The project will focus on key points to unleash digital transformation in WB&G addressing some of the bilateral challenges allowing digital transformation to achieve its full potential. It will strengthen the digital resilience of WB&G and the ability of the PA to respond to shocks, such as COVID-19.
The project takes a multi-disciplinary approach to support the digital transformation, Covid recovery and resilience of West Bank and Gaza. The project will be implemented and overseen by the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technology (MTIT). Individual activities are to be implemented by MTIT and the High Council on Public Procurement Policies (HCPPP), over a 5-year period.
The Project has the following four components:
- Enabling legal and regulatory environment for Digital Economy; mainly institutional development including the development of a Palestinian Telecommunications Regulatory Authority and root Certificate Authority; legal and regulatory framework; and capacity building.
- Implementing Digital Infrastructure Solutions for Emergency Response, Recovery and Resilience which includes development of an emergency response center and expanding internet connectivity.
- Fostering User Centered E-Service Delivery; which includes the establishment of a whole of government digital transformation strategy, support for a digital public platform and prioritization, simplification and digitization of services, launch of pilot e-services, and implementation of a first phase of an e-Government Procurement (e-GP) System; and
- Project Management which will support the establishment of a project management unit in MTIT
Building on the progress towards establishing a modern public procurement system by the Palestinian Authority, sub-component 3.3 of the Project will support the development of a first phase of an e-GP System and its implementation in targeted high spending government agencies. This component will be implemented by the HCPPP, through a dedicated Project Implementation Team (PIT) to be established under the Project. The PIT will be housed in HCPPP and it responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the e-GP sub-component in coordination with HCPPP staff and other relevant stakeholders. It will prepare and submit periodic progress and financial reports to the PMU in MTIT, which would then consolidate and submit to the Bank. The PIT will comprise an e-GP Project Manager, a Procurement Specialist, an ICT Specialist, and an Administrative Officer. Other technical experts in business process re-engineering, change management, communications, etc. will be hired throughout implementation.
HCPPP is considering the appointment of a qualified Administrative Officer as part of the Project Implementation Team, to provide administrative support to HCPPP in the day-to day implementation of the e-GP sub-component of the project.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
The Administrative Officer will be working and reporting directly to the e-GP Project Manager. The officer will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in planning, initiating, preparing and maintaining electronic and written communication such as memos (formal and informal), draft of following: (a) reports, (b) presentations, (c) flowcharts, and (d) organization charts, with minimal direction by using applicable and appropriate standards.
- Provides administrative supports such as: (a) answering the phone, (b) sending faxes and other forms of communications, (c) assisting and guiding visitors, and (d) assisting in translation of documentation from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Prioritizing and managing the schedule for PIT staff using advanced expertise as well as experience with calendars and virtual communication tools to maximize efficient use of time.
- Processing and monitoring (by keeping a log book) of all incoming and outgoing communication and correspondence (both in Arabic and English) to ensure proper dissemination to appropriate employees within PIT for their information and required action if it is necessary. Timely follow up with staff employees of HCPPP and the PIT regarding their inputs and comments to various reports, presentation, flowcharts and others.
- Provide assistance in coordination with suppliers and service providers on billing matters.
- Prepares, transcribes, composes, types, edits, and distributes agendas and/or all minutes of meetings.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates all files, databases, records, and/or other soft and hard copies of documentation.
- Provide assistance in planning, supporting and implementing logistics for all internal and external events, financial & technical audits, meetings such as employee meetings, WB’s (a) supervision missions, (b) workshops, (c) conferences, HCPPP leadership senior management and management events and customer/supplier/consultant meetings.
- Allocating, tracking and maintaining designated conference room schedules and availability to utilize resources efficiently.
- Inventorying, ordering and maintaining office supplies for the area of responsibility.
- Researching, collecting and compiling data such as training completions, business expenses, action items and other matters requiring follow-up and provides visibility of status.
- Participate in internal and external missions.
- Performs other tasks that are required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (business administration, economics, public administration, management information systems, marketing, financial and banking sciences, developmental sciences).
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Ability to travel within West Bank.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to proactive team, motivating staff, working collaboratively with colleagues, providing support, and advice as necessary.
- Solid experience in reporting both in Arabic and English.
- Extensive experience in data analytical skills and interpretation.
- Experience on planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects and having good computer knowledge on database software.
- Contribute in indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in all MS Office application (e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication (both in speaking and writing) and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Both verbal and written test in Arabic and English is required for this assignment.
Time Frame and duration of the Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year on a full-time basis, extendable on a yearly basis to the full length of the project (5 years), subject to satisfactory performance. The expected start date for the position is Oct 1, 2021.
An individual Consultant shall be selected in accordance with the World Bank's procedures as specified in the World Bank's Procurement Regulations for Borrowers under Investment Project Financing dated July 1, 2016 revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations").
المسمى الوظيفي Administrative Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 25 - Sep - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs and a cover letter to the High Council for Public Procurement Policies, Finance and Administration Department, at this email address: [email protected].
The closing date for applying is COB of Sep 25, 2021.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.