CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
Founded in 1992, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organization for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission with a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programs in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
Gaza Strip Office – Palestine Mission was established in 2008, and since then, the Gaza Strip Office has developed a comprehensive knowledge of the local context and understanding of local needs. SIF Gaza Strip Palestine is a member of the Food Security, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Health & Nutrition and Shelter/NFIs clusters since many years and plays an active role in most of clusters’ meetings. Gaza Strip Office- Palestine Mission also works in coordination with many local and international and humanitarian organizations and local NGOs in Gaza Strip to assess, share information and coordinate projects implementation with The Palestinian Authority (PA) to obtain authorizations.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Administrative Officer is under the supervision of Admin/HR Manager, responsible for overseeing the operational administrative aspects and issues within the office. S/he will work in close cooperation with SIF’s teams as following:-
General Administration and Compliance
- Responsible for full compliance of administrative activities with SIF’s rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Monitors and under direction from the Admin/HR Manager, maintains the Strategic Plan for appropriateness, currency and the integrity of activities;
- Responsible for health insurance claims and make sure that all staff respect the policy and the company respect the agreement with SIF.
- Responsible for the management of office equipment, mobiles, stationary and furniture.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other soft and hard documentation;
- Prepares, sorts and distributes office incoming and outgoing post correspondences;
- Prepares, transcribes, composes, types, edits, and distributes agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Assists in the preparation of reports;
- Participate in /coordinate for translating documents or discussions from English into Arabic and from Arabic into English.
Petty Cash Management
- Keeps records of cash payments and maintains signatory lists of expending and receiving officers; enters, verifies and retrieves data in the finance system;.
- Records daily transactions and activities; and ensures the correctness, completeness and conformance with regulations of the supporting documentation.
Events’ and Meetings’ Organization
- In charge of all logistical and administrative arrangements that are related to the SIF’s workshops, work sessions, seminars, meetings, short-term missions, interns, exhibitions, etc.;
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor Degree in a field relevant to the work profile, Business Administration, Development Studies, or Management.
- Minimum 5 years of proven field experience in relevant field at INGOs ;
- Knowledge of administrative tools, forms and templates;
- Sound experience in social assistance or community humanitarian work;
- Solid experience of work with MS windows,
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff;
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential);
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility;
- Strong skills in multi-tasking and prioritizing during performing tasks;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Ability to lead and participate in teams but also to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations;
- Ability to travel frequently and under the particular travel requirements of the assignment.
Humble and flexible, force proposal and initiative, capacity to prioritize, sense of responsibility and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
Location: Gaza Strip
Duration: 1 year.
Starting Date: As Soon As Possible
Administrative Officer: (Ref #:2020/04/AO)
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV,
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All above documents should be sent not later than 02:00 p.m. on 21st May 2020 to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Faxed CV’s or emails without the Post Title & Ref # will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be considered.
Secours Islamique France is an equal opportunity employer