About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps (MC) implements multiple programs for the benefit of Palestinian people from offices in Gaza, the West Bank, and Jerusalem. The Operations Department, including Human Resources, Procurement, Administration, and Security, provides crucial support to enable the effective implementation of all MC programs. It ensures that all MC activities follow MC Global and National policies and procedures and are in compliance with donor rules. It also ensures staff can complete their jobs in a safe, secure, and supportive manner with clear responsibilities and rules.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcomed.
- Assist Mercy Corps Operations in facilitating the smooth flow of routine administrative work of the Mercy Corps office and program support operations including: reception of visitors, photocopies, mail services, translation services, telephones, and faxes.
- Assist in automating the operations daily transactions through utilizing the MS Office applications
- Work with the Community Accountability Reporting Mechanism (CARM) team, in sitting properly the online system.
- Work with Operations team (Procurement, Administration, Human Resources, Logistics) to find alternatives for the current standard process.
- Prepare, update, track and automate the needed changes in staff files including employment contracts, timesheets, leave system tracking, and other personnel matters as required.
- Apply MS Office applications, Google applications (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Sites, Forms) to ease, accelerate and automate the current standard transactions.
- Support all team awareness and information sharing through creating a dynamic online platform of communication.
- Translation of any program or office documentation, as required.
- Assist in the collection of monthly timesheets along with Human Resources Officer.
- Assist Operations Officer in processing payments for all service contractors.
- File Mercy Corps documents as required.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members, service contractors, volunteers, and interns are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members, service contractors, volunteers, and interns are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Supervisory Responsibility NA
Reports Directly To: Director of Operations
Works Directly With: All MC Operations and Program team.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 1-year experience with office administration and automation.
- Excellent computer skills are required.
- A very good experience level in using Google Applications, Sheets, Docs, Sites, slide.
- Must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working among multiple departments.
- Very Good command in English.
A very good understanding in IT solutions, and Google applications. Commitment to Mercy Corps principle of accountability, as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential. The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required. A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and find IT solutions is necessary.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE no later than Thursday, 14 January 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply separate application for each position you are interested in.