International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) is an international non-governmental development and relief organisation, working worldwide to provide food, shelter, economic self-sufficiency, and hope. All assistance is provided on the basis of need alone. IOCC has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza (JWBG) since 1997 providing assistance to vulnerable Palestinians and communities through various emergency relief and/or development programs.
IOCC is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired immediately for the following position:
Administrative Assistant & Data Entry. (One position. Duration: 12 months, renewable upon availability of funding).
Summary of the Position:
The IOCC Gaza Administrative Assistant & Data Entry works under the direction of the Office Manager (OM) and Gaza Program Director (PD) and Senior Finance Officer (SFO) in providing administrative and clerical support to insure effective and efficient operations in the IOCC Gaza Field Office. The Administrative Assistant & Data Entry support the OM to oversee and manages office procedures and other tasks as assigned by OM, PD and SFO.
Primary work location is the IOCC Gaza Field Office.
These will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Support Office Manager to oversee all aspects of general administrative of IOCC Gaza Field Office (GFO)
- Support Office in managing and maintaining accurate administrative and records, database and files.
- Perform reception duties to GFO visitors and callers.
- Helping organize and maintain office common areas
- Perform general clerical duties.
- Provide correspondence and information to Jerusalem Office.
- Adhere to IOCC administrative policies and procedures.
- Provide logistical support for all IOCC GFO activities (i.e. staff field visits, meetings, etc.).
- Organize all travel, transport plans for IOCC Gaza staff and other official Gaza visitors.
- Maintain office facilities and logistics (i.e. stationeries, utilities, etc.).
- Follow up with the line management on the administration of day to day documentation and leavers.
- Maintain an up-to-date fixed assets register, and ensure that all the Gaza IOCC equipment is well-maintained.
- Keep track of received data and source of documents, and confirm accuracy of data.
- Contribute to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Organizing, sorting and updating files.
- Check and editing the files following a certain check list provided.
- Process various forms and requests as assigned or required.
Knowledge and Skills: Excellent office administration skills; proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular); inter-personal relationship skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in both English and Arabic; strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and excellent knowledge of office equipment, like printers, scanners and photocopiers.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Competencies: Excellent administrative qualities and knowledge of office administrative systems and procedures to provide effective support; Warm personality with strong communication skills; Ability to work well under limited supervision; Attention to details coupled with proven analytical skills and the use of these to problem solve and make decisions; Excellent organizational abilities with ability to multi-task, work to deadlines and manage time well.; Good team member with experience of working and supporting large diverse team. Strong interpersonal awareness including diplomacy, tact, being able to work effectively with others, cultural sensitivity and respect for confidentiality.
Education: A minimum of University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or another related field; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus.
Experience: A minimum of 2-3 years proven experience as office administrative assistant in administrative and managerial positions with International NGO’s.
Interested candidates should send their C.V. together with a cover letter stating their relevant experience to the following e-mail:
The closing date for applications is COB Monday, 25 November 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.