Position Title : Administrative Assistant
Position Type : Regular, Full Time
Location : Mercy Corps / Gaza Office
Duration : One Year
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse, and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
The Program / Department / Team
Operations Department provides key support to the entire country program in procurement, asset management, warehouse management, fleet management and facilities & office management for successful program implementation.
Administration Assistant supports facilities and office management functions at the site, and ensures compliance with field relevant policies and procedures, with substantive support from the Administration Manager/Officer.
- Assist Senior Operations Officer in facilitating the smooth flow of routine facilities and office management of the Mercy Corps office.
- Must have a clear understanding of all policies and support needs; must be able to help facilitate training to all support staff to ensure the smooth, uninterrupted implementation of all MC programs.
- Prepare a duty roster for day-to-day supervision of property management including guards, cleaners, and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule.
- Translation of any program or office documentation, as required.
- Ensure proper management and coordination of staff travel arrangements including transport, security, visas.
Facilities and Office Management
- Ensure administration policies and procedures are implemented as described in the Field Facilities and Office Management Policy.
- Assist in facility management, including housing and office leases; ensure that security standards are maintained at all premises.
- Coordinate general office management tasks.
- Assist in maintaining the Fleet and ensure smooth movement for staff and commodities in the region.
- Assist in supervising the rental vehicle service providers following the outlined procedures in Fleet Management Manual.
- Assist in organizing/ managing the stock of the stores.
- Maintaining a comprehensive stores record.
- Update the asset, inventory, Mobile, permits, and contacts, and any other databases.
- Compiling reports regarding any incidents and reports according to the Mercy Corps Field Asset Management Manual.
- Support the fiscal year end and grant end asset verification.
- Conduct themself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Entry and quality assurance of vendor data, required in the ProSource system to support the sourcing, procurement from and payment of vendors.
- Ensure controls around vendor data entry are designed and operating effectively.
- Come up to speed quickly on complex systems and data procedures within the first Mercy Corps country deployment of ProSource.
- Facilitate supplier identification for initial data conversion, as well as continued coordination and handling of vendor setup requests via ProSource and the Mercy Corps Global Help Desk (Jira)
- Understand and work within rapidly changing and evolving programmatic environments, and support different types of vendor onboarding activities with respect to gathering, entering and managing supplier information in the ProSource system.
- Coordinate communications with vendors throughout the supplier enablement process
- Support different levels of vendor capabilities, with some vendors having no internet/e-mail access and others having full internet access to the “Ariba Supplier Network.”
- Use strong analytical skills to assess multiple system and process approaches, including how different roles can optimally support vendor management, vendor quality, vendor entry and vendor compliance.
- Role will interface with field and HQ finance managers to ensure continuity of data across ProSource and Global Finance (Navigator) system.
Assist the Senior Operations Officer in managing the following staff: Guards, Cooks and Cleaners.
Reports Directly To: Senior Operations Officer (Logistics and Admin)
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of our field projects.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with office administration or facilities and asset management.
- 6-12 Months working on online supply chain platforms, such as SAP Ariba or any similar online platforms.
- Excellent computer skills are required.
- Must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling.
- Fluency in English.
The successful Administrative Assistant will assist in admin and facilities & office management tasks in delivering successful programs while demonstrating excellent stewardship of donor funds and compliance with Mercy Corps and donor regulations. They will maintain strong cooperative relationships with other departments and interact effectively with international and national personnel both in a managerial and training capacity while demonstrating the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities. The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a solid commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations. The successful candidate will have to resolve the vendor registration instantly and work collaboratively and simultaneously with operations department.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
The position is based in Gaza, Palestine
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
المسمى الوظيفي Administrative Assistant
آخر موعد للتقديم 28 - Jul - 2023
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE
no later than Friday, 28 July 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply separate application for each position you are interested in.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Mercy Corps - مؤسسة ميرسي كور
Tech Unit Officer
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer
Youth Wellbeing Manager
رام الله والبيرة
SUBAWARD FINANCE ASSISTANT
رام الله والبيرة
PYE - Master Trainer
القدس, رام الله والبيرة, الخلي...
Senior Communications Coordinator - Middle East
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...