Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duty Station: Ramallah
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 12 months
Closing Date: 8 June 2021 (midnight New York, USA time)
The United Nations Development Programme/Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP) hasUNDP/PAPP is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Administrative Assistant under the overall guidance of the Joint Programme Manager and direct supervision of the Technical Specialist. As this position is related to Sawasya II Joint Programme - Promoting the Rule of Law in Palestine in the occupied Palestinian, the contract extension will be conditioned to satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the project.
launched a second Phase multi-year Rule of Law and Access to Justice programme in Gaza Strip and West Bank
known as Sawasya II. It is a UNDP, UN Women and UNICEF Joint Programme that aims at comprehensively promoting and advancing the rule of law, justice, security and human rights in Palestine.
During the period 2014-2017 the programme has endeavored to enhance the capacities of, and public confidence in, rule of law institutions, and strengthen access to justice, security and protection services, especially for women and girls. Interventions are designed with a view to sustainability and linking activities to ‘system-level’ policy development.
As part of the second phase of the programme and backed by a consortium of development partners, with numerous national and international actors, Sawasya II supports government institutions and civil society working in justice, security and protection to strengthen access to efficient, equitable and accountable services for Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem. Partnership with UN Women and UNICEF in this joint programme underpins the gender and child rights components throughout the justice chain and within relevant public services.
Civil society partners and academic institutions are vital elements of building an inclusive State of Palestine that respects, protects and fulfils human rights and gender equality, and promotes development, peace and security – the fundamentals of the United Nations’ mission in Palestine. Support rests on a supply and demand equation that combines enhanced service delivery by resilient justice and security institutions with the public’s ability to access such services and hold duty-bearers to account. By increasing public confidence in the sector, support is designed to be catalytic, strengthening state-society relations and creating an enabling environment for development and peacebuilding. Interventions are informed by a coherent theory of change and characterised by flexibility and responsiveness to institutional changes as a result of political developments. The Sawasya II programme is oriented around the following four mutually reinforcing outcomes:
• State building efforts are reinforced by legal, regulatory and policy frameworks in line with international standards
• Service provision is effective, accountable and inclusive
• All Palestinians have access to justice, security and protection without discrimination
• Women’s access to justice and security improved through gender-responsive service delivery and empowerment of service users
The Sawasya II Joint Programme builds on the achievements and findings of its predecessor programmes, and the comparative advantages of the involved UN agencies. Importantly, the Joint Programme (Sawasya) uses baselines captured during these earlier programmes to monitor results and inform future planning.
Under the overall guidance of the Joint Programme Manager and direct supervision of the Technical Specialist, the Administrative Assistant will provide programme support services, primarily administrative and logistical services, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. In addition, the incumbent will provide support to Programme Officers and the Finance Associate in administration of Civil Society Organization Grants. S/he will work in close collaboration with the operations, communications and other programme staff in Jerusalem, Ramallah, Gaza Strip, UNDP, UN Women and UNICEF as required to exchange information and support programme delivery.
Summary of key functions:Undertakes any other functions as instructed by supervisors
• Administrative and logistical support to management of UNDP component of the Sawasya II programme
• Support to administration of grants
• Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Administrative and logistical support to management of UNDP component of the Sawasya II programme
Provides effective support to the project team to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of administrative and logistical aspects of the work, including, but not limited to:
• Maintains the internal filing and archiving system for UNDP component of SAWASYA.
• Supports data entry and review of the SAWASYA internal Monitoring & Evaluation system.
• Ensures prompt compiling, copying and distribution of all project/activity reports.
• Liaise with the counterparts’ administrative managers on all issues related to the project.
• Provides support to the preparation and conducting of regular team meetings, Programme Board meetings, events with internal and external stakeholders, field visits.
• Prepares and submits travel authorisations, claim forms for travel expenses.
• Maintains records of verified time sheets for project team.
• Provides administrative support in preparation of project proposal packages.
• Provides administrative support to Technical Specialist in following up on recruitment, contract extension and other internal human resource related issues.
• Makes logistical arrangements for travel, workshops, conferences, missions, field visits including transport and accommodation.
• Supports effective knowledge management including maintaining the team calendar, leave plan and document management systems.
• Drafts simple correspondence, agendas, programmes, itineraries for approval.
• Provides administrative support to procurement of goods and services.
• Uploads relevant project documentation in ATLAS.
• Supports the preparation of the Procurement Annual Plan for the activities under the designated portfolio.
• Assists the preparation of certificate of completion/evaluation for consultants/contractors.
• Relevant support to the Joint Programme as required.
Support to administration of grants
In close coordination with the Technical Specialist, Project Analysts, and the Programme Finance Associate (West Bank):
• Provides administrative support to Technical Specialist and other relevant staff in administration of grants, including but not limited to review of proposals, preparation of contracts, monitoring grants and delivery.
• Supports and follows through on requests for payments from programme partners.
Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
• Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff.
• Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction: Models independent thinking and action
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
Office Administration: Ability to manage day-to-day office activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs
Logistics: Knowledge of logistics operations, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
Sourcing: Ability to find, evaluate and engage suppliers of goods and services
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Secondary Education preferably with specialized certification in Administration, Accounting and Finance.
University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
At least 6 years of relevant administrative and programme support experience is required at the national or international level.
Knowledge of UNDP systems, rules and regulations is considered an asset.
Proficiency in English and Arabic is required. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
Describe any additional qualifications:Non-Smoking environment
المسمى الوظيفي Administrative Assistant
آخر موعد للتقديم 08 - Jun - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 6 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP/PAPP
رام الله والبيرة
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة